Contribute
Register

HP branded Intel HD3000 Mobile? (HP DV6-7 6xxx Sandy Bridge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HP branded Intel HD3000 Mobile?

Hello blueking,

I attach dsdt generated from unmodified DSDSE without DSDT.aml in the root of Lion.
I attach also the running.
I also attach photos of the desk and the kext 'Atheros AR9285 working on Lion.

To operate the Atheros card I had to install the bios sp55068 NOWITELIST does not block the installation of devices other than those obviously want HP + AR9285 kext specific in SLE

If you succeed we would need (us HP users) to remove the aliases from the processor and inject dsdt in the HD 6770 (code in folder "dsdt generated by DSDTSE not modified ")

Thanks for your time

Attachments

• desktop DV7 6190sl.tiff
    937.2 KB · Views: 411
  • dsdt HD3000 OK.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 130
  • dsdt generated by DSDTSE not modified.zip
    82.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IO80211Family.kext.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 121

So you currently have it enabled via an edited kext?

I understand you had to install the new BIOS to allow the computer to use it, but how did OS X recognize it?

In order to add it to DSDT, I would like an ioreg please. Simply run the app and save and upload and I can do it.

Of course I explained badly.
HP brings in his bios a list of devices:
if the hardware is on the list the bios recognizes it, and everything proceeds normally!
the problem occurs when you change a component as I did with the wifi card:
As soon as I installed, and I turned on the computer, I immediately received an error from the bios so I could not go ahead.
I tried on a website (not sure if I can post the link to the regulations) and I downloaded a Bios Isyde sp55068_NWL_ByCamiloml. This Isyde H2O bios was modified by removing the list of allowed devices:
said that OSX does not realize what happens (or even Windows), but only you can put all devices even if HP does not want to!!

attaching ioreg

Attachments

• MacBook Pro di Micky1979 .ioreg.zip
    385.6 KB · Views: 106

Micky1979 said:
Of course I explained badly.
HP brings in his bios a list of devices:
if the hardware is on the list the bios recognizes it, and everything proceeds normally!
the problem occurs when you change a component as I did with the wifi card:
As soon as I installed, and I turned on the computer, I immediately received an error from the bios so I could not go ahead.
I tried on a website (not sure if I can post the link to the regulations) and I downloaded a Bios Isyde sp55068_NWL_ByCamiloml. This Isyde H2O bios was modified by removing the list of allowed devices:
said that OSX does not realize what happens (or even Windows), but only you can put all devices even if HP does not want to!!

attaching ioreg

But the BIOS has nothing to do with how the card works in OS X. Did the card work without any edits?

Hey of course not!

if I remember correctly the kext is from Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or higher from where the card worked natively!

I used this kext on my previous Asus X70i Core 2 Duo, and the card Atheros AR9285 is precisely to this notebook.

I need that kext to make it work !!!!!

Oh see you can make it so that it works with just the. Kext from lion so you don't need to reinstall.

give this a shot.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 112

Hi all,

I first want to apologize to everyone for leaving the discussion (open to me) a month ago now,
but unfortunately I had an operation on a hospital that I was away from my Hackintosh until a few days ago.

I could occasionally visit tonymacx86 with my smartphone and I must say that I have done a lot of company.

I therefore thank all the staff and all participants of the forum.

Back to us, can I still declare this post as resolved:

Thank blueking that directed me to the solution to start the HD3000 on my HP DV7 with 17-inch screen.

Last thing I ask about the blueking DSDT.aml, you gave me posted:

I tried it but the pc hangs on startup.
Why in the item (PEGP) you have applied the patch "AAPL00, DualLink"?
It is also used for discrete video card, really?

Dual Link patch is for displays over 1400x800

I apply the patch on (PEGP)!

I also copied from your dsdt, the part for the Ateros 9285, and now works with the original 10.7.2 IO80211.kext. :D

thanks blueking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back