Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I have a compatible hp wifi card its the BCM943224HMS card. How do I get airport working? Do I use the hp probook installer? Can anyone conform this card?

Also RehabMan if you are reading this, I finally got the unibeast boatloader working without having to plug in the flash drive. It was because I had a 4k sector problem. Thanks for all your help and guides from before.

Info about my computer:

Hp Elitebook 8460p
I5-2450m
4 gb ram
I have not checked but I believe it is a 500gb hitachi hard drive.
(I have created two partition on this drive for mac and windows)
wifi card I mentioned above.)

Thank You

Hello,
I have a compatible hp wifi card its the BCM943224HMS card. How do I get airport working? Do I use the hp probook installer? Can anyone conform this card?

Also RehabMan if you are reading this, I finally got the unibeast boatloader working without having to plug in the flash drive. It was because I had a 4k sector problem. Thanks for all your help and guides from before.

Info about my computer:

Hp Elitebook 8460p
I5-2450m
4 gb ram
I have not checked but I believe it is a 500gb hitachi hard drive.
(I have created two partition on this drive for mac and windows)
wifi card I mentioned above.)

Thank You

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

There is no 4k sector problem with Clover.

Yes but everything is working perfectly now!! Except the wifi, I have the supported card but I just cannot figure out how to enable it. The problem before the boot loader was not showing up after multibeast, and I had to install it to the harddrive manually. I was wondering if you can point me to the right direction for the wifi? I have downloaded the wireless_half-mini-master, now what do I need to do to enable airport? I am trying to follow the guide, if it works for me I will let you know.

Yes but everything is working perfectly now!! Except the wifi, I have the supported card but I just cannot figure out how to enable it. The problem before the boot loader was not showing up after multibeast, and I had to install it to the harddrive manually. I was wondering if you can point me to the right direction for the wifi? I have downloaded the wireless_half-mini-master, now what do I need to do to enable airport? I am trying to follow the guide, if it works for me I will let you know.

If you follow the (Clover) guide, the WiFi will just work.

If you wish to do it the hard way: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Since you haven't followed the guide, chances are you have a lot more things not working that you're not even aware of (yet).

I followed the guide pcie half mini guide. In the enable airport part, it says to select one method. I have both toledaARPT.kext and IO80211Family.kext, should I remove one? I will try to remove the IO80211Family.kext and then restart it.

I have remove the IO80211Family.kext and reinstalled toledaARPT.kext, restarted and still nothing. Under network preferences all I have is iPhone USB(tethering), Ethernet, FireWire, and Bluetooth PAN.

I followed the guide pcie half mini guide. In the enable airport part, it says to select one method. I have both toledaARPT.kext and IO80211Family.kext, should I remove one? I will try to remove the IO80211Family.kext and then restart it.

Leave IO80211Family.kext as is from the OS X installer. If you changed it, change it back. If you installed one you downloaded, re-install the original. If you're not able to do either, re-install OS X. I don't believe you need toledaARPT.kext.

I don't have a BCM943224HMB, but from reading at the link I provided, it is recognized natively by the drivers. You should confirm this by looking at the device-id of your device and comparing it to those in the Info.plist for the kext. This will help you understand why it is natively supported and why you don't need toledaARPT.kext.

But there is a whitelist implemented in the drivers wrt SMBIOS (MacBookAir). You're using MacBookPro8,x (or you should be). So... it won't work OOB without patches to the kext. The WiFi guide lists the patches required. Since you're not using Clover, you'll have to do the patches by hand instead of making entires in config.plist. You will have to re-apply these patches whenever a system update changes the native kext.

Bottom line: You should read the guide carefully. Toleda's posts can be a bit cryptic, but all the information you need is there.

On the other hand, you could just follow the Clover ProBook guide and be done with it. You'll end up with a better, more upgradeable system.

If you followed my guide, everything will work... But I see you choose the hard way.

What is your Wifi card? It's better to know exactly your own hardware.

my wifi is BCM943224HMS P1 P303
SPS# 582564-001

Also RehabMan its Macbook pro 3,1. Wait does the clover method get Macbook pro 8,1??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back