Contribute
Register

HP 8460p + Probook Installer 6.1 + Docking Station = No Video Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
An update on this issue in case anyone else wants to try it, I did get it working after all. I had seen an earlier post in this thread about disabling the VGA patch in the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB which I thought meant restoring an original version of this library - but in actual fact it means just disable the kext patching that Clover does. I modified the config.plist to disable this and voila, my 2560p now outputs video through the Displayport on the docking station! I am not too familiar with what Clover does, so after a bit of poking around I seem to have stumbled onto the answer.... :)

An update on this issue in case anyone else wants to try it, I did get it working after all. I had seen an earlier post in this thread about disabling the VGA patch in the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB which I thought meant restoring an original version of this library - but in actual fact it means just disable the kext patching that Clover does. I modified the config.plist to disable this and voila, my 2560p now outputs video through the Displayport on the docking station! I am not too familiar with what Clover does, so after a bit of poking around I seem to have stumbled onto the answer.... :)

The VGA patch is a bad idea... Not sure why it is enabled by default. Seems like a bad choice.

Can you give me more details about how you resolve this issue, because i'm having the same problem on my HP 2560p?

Thank you

Can you give me more details about how you resolve this issue, because i'm having the same problem on my HP 2560p?

Thank you

Look at your config.plist. Read the comments in the KextsToPatch section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back