Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 840 G1(Clover)
CPU
i7-4600u
Graphics
HD 4400
The 840 G1 works perfectly with HS by using RehabMan's guide. The only issue bother me is the sleep battery drain.

Here is comparison between Windows 10 and HS:
Windows 10: sleep for 64 hours, battery from 100% to 78%
HS: sleep for 20 hours, battery from 78% to 50%

All of the USB ports seems off during sleep and checked there is no wakeup during sleeping.

BTW, I haven't replaced the stock intel wifi card yet.

Is this battery loss during sleep in HS considered as normal?

Attaching the reports.

Attachments

• debug_14620.zip
    2 MB · Views: 136
The 840 G1 works perfectly with HS by using RehabMan's guide. The only issue bother me is the sleep battery drain.

Here is comparison between Windows 10 and HS:
Windows 10: sleep for 64 hours, battery from 100% to 78%
HS: sleep for 20 hours, battery from 78% to 50%

All of the USB ports seems off during sleep and checked there is no wakeup during sleeping.

BTW, I haven't replaced the stock intel wifi card yet.

Is this battery loss during sleep in HS considered as normal?

Attaching the reports.

Keep in mind that Windows is probably hibernating (suspend to disk) somewhere in that 64 hour sleep...
In macOS, we disable hibernation.

Your profile has no hardware details for any 840 G1. Please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Updated the profile.

I noticed that windows would hibernate after certain amount of time. So before the experiments, I specifically disabled the hibernate feature on Windows 10. So for the 64 hours sleep, it kept everything in the memory.

Updated the profile.

I noticed that windows would hibernate after certain amount of time. So before the experiments, I specifically disabled the hibernate feature on Windows 10. So for the 64 hours sleep, it kept everything in the memory.

Note that the guide does not recommend OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
No idea if that is part of your issue...

I'm also not certain your ACPI/patched files are up-to-date with respect to current github content. For you to check.

RehabMan, thanks for the reply.

I updated the clover to r4444 and use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. The battery consumption is about same.

Also did several other experiments, like disable the smartcard/media card reader in BIOS, disable all of the USB via uia_exclude_hs/uia_exclude_ssp. The battery consumption is also about same during sleep.

Regarding the ACPI, I just use the default ACPI settings/files from the guide, and the system was just installed last month, so the files all up to date. Can also double check it in my report (attached in the #1 post), in case anything is missed?

Thanks again.

RehabMan, thanks for the reply.

I updated the clover to r4444 and use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. The battery consumption is about same.

Also did several other experiments, like disable the smartcard/media card reader in BIOS, disable all of the USB via uia_exclude_hs/uia_exclude_ssp. The battery consumption is also about same during sleep.

Regarding the ACPI, I just use the default ACPI settings/files from the guide, and the system was just installed last month, so the files all up to date. Can also double check it in my report (attached in the #1 post), in case anything is missed?

Thanks again.

Your files are obviously not up-to-date with respect to current github content.
For example, the file name SSDT-8x0-G1-Haswell.aml is not used anymore (instead it is SSDT-8x0G1h.aml).

Like I said, it is your responsibility to check that you have a current copy of github and that you have applied all components of it as is written in the guide.

RehabMan, thanks for pointing that out. I double checked, I was using the latest copy of github, but I'm using the master branch. If I use the beta branch, it will generate the SSDT-8xG1h.aml.

I thought the beta branch is made for Mojave, since I'm with High Sierra, shall I also use the beta branch?

Thanks

RehabMan, thanks for pointing that out. I double checked, I was using the latest copy of github, but I'm using the master branch. If I use the beta branch, it will generate the SSDT-8xG1h.aml.

I thought the beta branch is made for Mojave, since I'm with High Sierra, shall I also use the beta branch?

Thanks

The beta branch should also work with 10.13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back