Contribute
Register

HP 8300 Elite USDT w/ Internal Desktop GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you'd essentially need a 4 pin female to female connector.

The header for powering the optical drive is five pin though. Different pitch too ?

Screen Shot 5.jpg

Correct but one of those pins isn't being used(why they bothered is beyond me.)
IMG_20200423_184426.jpg

why they bothered is beyond me
Dell does a similar thing. They have ridiculous 5 pin fan headers so you have to use their CPU and case fans. At least HP stayed with the standard 4 pin PWM fan headers.

In the meantime I ordered something similar for a different project. Though mine is a standard PCI-e riser. I'll see what happens when I connect it to a regular power supply. The goal is to hopefully at least detect the video card inside a system which is half the battle, booting up is a different story. It will be a while the part is coming from China and well with this environment when it gets here is anyone's guess.

In the meantime I ordered something similar for a different project. Though mine is a standard PCI-e riser. I'll see what happens when I connect it to a regular power supply. The goal is to hopefully at least detect the video card inside a system which is half the battle, booting up is a different story. It will be a while the part is coming from China and well with this environment when it gets here is anyone's guess.
Great, let me know how it works out for you.

Great, let me know how it works out for you.
It won't be an apples to apples example though, I'll be using a RX 570 card for my test and it will be remote powered (I have another system that is always running) however ideally I'll detect the card.

It won't be an apples to apples example though, I'll be using a RX 570 card for my test and it will be remote powered (I have another system that is always running) however ideally I'll detect the card.
When you say remote powered, are you referring to external GPU?.

Just to conclude, I tried the GT 710 with 4 pin power from the floppy connector of a PSU and still no recognition of the graphics card.

Following this thread closely, have been looking for a similar board for the 2006 iMac. As an alternative I read about the Elite 8300 AIO motherboard which has similar connections, but I don't think its as compact as your motherboard.

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 8.26.38 AM.png

Attachments

• HPElite8300AIO.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 224
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back