1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Lisa
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
i have a hp 8200 on high sierra with a 710 graphics card. it works fine, but the OS is too old to use a lot of the application i need.

i'm finding very old tutorials for installation of high sierra , but nothing on catalina or later OS versions.

is there a current (2022) install path or update path for these 8200 desktops ?

thanks !

is there a current (2022) install path or update path for these 8200 desktops ?

I have attached the EFI that has been confirmed to work, but I have deleted it because I do not know what you are looking for.

Last edited:
I have attached the EFI that has been confirmed to work, but I have deleted it because I do not know what you are looking for.

i've created the catalina thumb drive, but it is not bootable. (weird)
i've created the dosdude catalina patcher thumb drive, it also is not bootable. (weird #2)
i've used my high sierra hdd to boot and attampt to install catalina from the official mac os catalina installer, it fails after the reboot (the volume is not bootable in disk utility) (weird #3)
i've used my high sierra hdd to boot clover and then select either the offical thumb drive or dosdudes thumb drive, gone though the install, but the volume is not bottable according to disk utility.

i'm kind of perplexed at this point. it appears that the normal 2-3 reboots of a fresh install are not happening, and i'm only getting to the point of the first reboot, as the 'new' catalina installs are not showing up in clover.

i've tried this on both my hp 8200 machine and my dell 7010 machine. neither of them are creating bootable thumb drives, netiher of them are creating bootable partitions from the catalina nor dosdude installs on my 80Gb apfs drive.

i'm sure i'm missing something rather simple here, but no idea what

i'm sure i'm missing something rather simple here, but no idea what
If you seek help, you must tell the other person where you are before you can go to help.

1. Make sure you can boot your current High Sierra from the USB installer.
2. Use the same installer to change the setting to "SMBIOS = MacPro6.1" and check if it can be booted.

If the above works, you will have to create an installer with OpenCore (0.7.8) in the Gregorian calendar 2022.

If you seek help, you must tell the other person where you are before you can go to help.

1. Make sure you can boot your current High Sierra from the USB installer.
2. Use the same installer to change the setting to "SMBIOS = MacPro6.1" and check if it can be booted.

If the above works, you will have to create an installer with OpenCore (0.7.8) in the Gregorian calendar 2022.
@ohgood
I was suffering from an issue where the HP 8200's CPU Power Management did not work well with Opencore.
I was able to succeed only on HighSierra with Opencore 0.8.0.
Power Management does not work when using SMBIOS = MacPro6.1.

I think it is correct that you chose another model.

Back