CPU
i5-2400S/Q67
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
so I want to build a hackintosh for a HP 8100 with a core i5 650 (3.2GHz) with a Intel Q57 Express chipset, I have already searched for a guid or another thread but couldn't find any full guides for my model or I didn't help me find the parts I need, please help

Ps this computer dose not have a graphics card of any on board wifi and I don't know what would be compatible, also it will have 2 hard drives one with Windows one for Mac (side note: the system uses ddr3 ram)

Last edited:
so I want to build a hackintosh for a HP 8100 with a core i5 650 (3.2GHz) with a Intel Q57 Express chipset, I have already searched for a guide or another thread but couldn't find any full guides for my model or I didn't help me find the parts I need, please help

Ps this computer dose not have a graphics card of any on board wifi and I don't know what would be compatible, also it will have 2 hard drives one with Windows one for Mac (side note: the system uses ddr3 ram)
You can read and follow my HP 8200 guide and the install process will be basically the same if you are installing High Sierra. All the graphics cards mentioned there will work with your 8100.

There are no guides for the 8100 because the 8200 or 8300 are newer models from HP that are much better choices. The costs of refurbs are about the same for each so there's no reason to go with the 8100. If you want to use Mojave, the 8300 with an HD4000 CPU is the best choice. The HD4000 igfx works better than even the newer UHD 630 graphics on the latest CPUs. No discrete graphics card is required. You would use the DP output for this.

You could try using a GT 710 card with your 8100 and install Mojave. I'm not sure how well it will work but it's a given that you will have to boot legacy to make it work at all. If you do have success make sure to write a guide about it.

Last edited:
You can read and follow my HP 8200 guide and the install process will be basically the same if you are installing High Sierra. All the graphics cards mentioned there will work with your 8100.

There are no guides for the 8100 because the 8200 or 8300 are newer models from HP that are much better choices. The costs of refurbs are about the same for each so there's no reason to go with the 8100. If you want to use Mojave, the 8300 with an HD4000 CPU is the best choice. The HD4000 igfx works better than even the newer UHD 630 graphics on the latest CPUs. No discrete graphics card is required. You would use the DP output for this.

You could try using a GT 710 card with your 8100 and install Mojave. I'm not sure how well it will work but it's a given that you will have to boot legacy to make it work at all. If you do have success make sure to write a guide about it.
Hey would a core i5 2400s work

Hey would a core i5 2400s work
Yes, but only in an HP 8200 not the 8100. A separate graphics card would still be required. Only a CPU with HD3000 would work and then just through High Sierra.

Screen Shot 21.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back