Contribute
Register

HP 800 G1 SFF i7 - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming ( Wifi AC )
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
PeteStewardson's Build: HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SSF - i7

Components

HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF - i7

WiFi card in PCIe with BCM943602CS
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Samsung 128GB AHCI M.2 SSD in PCIE 3.0 x4 adapter

Comments

I'll populate the components as I go along, and document as much of what I've done as well as I get things working.

I started my first hackintosh using a HP 8300 after the excellent post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/

That worked quite well with OSX installed on a SATA SSD. I had a couple of problems with the fan noise and I decided to try and get it to boot from the AHCI PCIE connected ssd instead. This didn't work but it booted fine otherwise. But then I got the chance to pick up the 800 G1 and I figured I'd have a go at getting High Sierra up and running on that.

I used a mixture of the guide for the 8300, and a blog post http://donsthinktank.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/hackintosh-hp-800-g1-tutorial-version.html to get the basics up and running.

Currently Working

Integrated graphics works OK
I can boot from the M.2 SSD fine
Wifi/BT works OK
Audio over BT works perfectly to AirPods.
iCloud

Not working

Can't get unlocking via Apple watch to work as it doesn't connect to the watch.

Sleep - Ii seems to go to sleep, then the fans spin down, then a second later the fans all spin up again, then 30s pass and the fans go off - repeat forever. Interestingly the PC wakes back up with a mouse click to working, but obviously it never really oes properly to sleep.

Unlocking via apple watch will only work with certain wifi combo BT cards with broadcom chipsets where handoff works perfectly, otherwise it won't work.

Then maybe you just need a BT kext or two to get it working. If you go into the Apple symbol, About This Mac, System Report, and go to the BT Properties, does it say 'handoff supported'?

I spent over $200 on a card similar to this and could not get it working either, I sent it back. I have a separate BT USB dongle and a PCIe WIFI card which work great, I don't have the unlock with apple watch feature, but I can live without it.

Hi Folks,

Finally got my first Hackintosh up and running MacOS Mojave on a HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF - i5-4590 3.3GHz.
It looks like this is the ideal BT & WiFi card
WiFi card in PCIe with BCM943602CS
but does anyone know can this card fit into the low profile hp EliteDesk 800 SSF case? Has anyone done it?

Thanks.

Hi Folks,

Finally got my first Hackintosh up and running MacOS Mojave on a HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF - i5-4590 3.3GHz.
It looks like this is the ideal BT & WiFi card but does anyone know can this card fit into the low profile hp EliteDesk 800 SSF case? Has anyone done it?

Thanks.

Hi! Can you tell more about the launch of Mojave, which kexts you use and can you share them?

Hi Folks,

It looks like this is the ideal BT & WiFi card but does anyone know can this card fit into the low profile hp EliteDesk 800 SSF case? Has anyone done it?

Thanks.
I apologize if commenting after all this time is against the rules or standards of behavior but I just recently hackintosh’d two of these HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF - i5-4590 3.3GHz and I used this card and they came with low profile brackets in the box. Two screws to swap and in they went no problem.

I apologize if commenting after all this time is against the rules or standards of behavior but I just recently hackintosh’d two of these HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF - i5-4590 3.3GHz and I used this card and they came with low profile brackets in the box. Two screws to swap and in they went no problem.
I should have added that I’m considering adding a GPU and I hope I find something as easy to install and use as this card was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back