Contribute
Register

HP 4540s: "Product Information Not Valid" error message at system start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

O have the same pmroble with the 4540s but no solutio works for me is there any new solution or does anyone have an bootable media to solve this?

I have a second one witch is working fine.

Thanks

Klaus

solved with this one

Attachments

• NbDmiFit-2.14.rar
    77.4 MB · Views: 351
You likely did not create a partition on the USB which should be less than 200MB. If the drive is too large, you really get nothing working. It is very easy to partition drives with GParted on any Debian Linux OS. Clear the BIOS password too. That is REQUIRED.

Thank you to everyone who posted the fix with clear instructions. There are just a few notes I like to share. I fixed my Elitebook 9470m so I can give it as a gift to an aunt.

These are the steps I followed:
  1. Format 3 USB Drives to FAT32. One of them is for the HP tools (less than 8 GB), another for unlocking MPM (less than 200MB) and another for Windows. I used a lot of operating systems and tools for formatting these but you can just Windows and Linux Mint.
  2. Install FreeDos via Rufus on Windows. Use latest version.
  3. Copy files to drive and overwrite AUTOEXEC.BAT.
  4. Take note of all information asked. Refer to next section.
  5. Install Windows 10 on an MBR USB drive. I used WinToUSB.
  6. The boot option can be UEFI hybrid but drive for Windows must be MBR so remember to choose MBR.
  7. Set the correct time by booting the USB with HP tools. I recall I didn't type anything for this work.
  8. Clear the BIOS password if any and unlock MPM by copying FSMC.bat to a 200MB USB FAT32. Run once with windows key, up and down arrow keys pressed before booting. Press power button and you will see MPM unlocked!
  9. Use wndmifit64.exe to enter all information and commit.
  10. Lock MPM or just let it be until it autolocks. Done!
You can probably get Windows running on a good SD card but please choose an SSD/USB. I only used an SD Card for running Linux Mint which I used to format the drives. For Windows, I used an external SSD.

I was able to retrieve all important data and fix the "product information not valid." It also helps to read HP docs attached on the zip file posted here.
Hey man, I have the exact same model as yours i.e Folio 9470m and I'm running into the exact same problem. I'm trying to get it fixed for myself as my current laptop is in terrible condition and the Folio is in relatively better condition (hardware wise). I just wanted to ask if you would be willing to guide me through the procedure I would be extremely grateful to you. I really tried your method but I just couldn't understand the instructions or I would run into some error which is why it would be extremely helpful to me if you could spare a few minutes and just acknowledge this request of mine. Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back