hd 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,
i bought a 4530s (latest BIOS F28) and made a clean ML 10.8.1 install with a unibeast stick.
I ran the HP Probook Installler 5.1b1 with OS X 10.8.1, Chimera, Ethernet Kext, AHCI Patch, CPU SSDT for i3 2330, Graphic Glitch fix, DSDT for standard screens (4230s-4530s HD 3000 Bios Rev. F20) and System Definition 8.2.
Nearly everything works fine, but the Wifi...
It ist a Realtek RTL8188CEB8 and seems to be not supported. (LNX2MACs driver doesnt work either)

So it looks like i need a replacement, have you got a proposal that will run on ML without issues?
It should be a PCI Express Half Mini Card, right?
Bluetooth is not necessary for me.

Hi there,
Nearly everything works fine, but the Wifi...
It ist a Realtek RTL8188CEB8 and seems to be not supported. (LNX2MACs driver doesnt work either)
get the thing done 1st and listen bro dont talk like magi without even knowing your hardware ie. Realtek RTL8188CEB8 is your ethernet
and you got an Atheros.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...ller-4-1b1-hp-probook-installer-5.1b1.pkg.zip
Originally Posted by RehabMan
First of all, you need to install Mac OS X. There are plenty of guides that show you how to use Unibeast to create a USB install disk, so I won't go into much detail here. It is actually pretty easy:
- Download ML from Mac App Store (need a working Mac or Hackintosh to do this and an account on Mac App Store... and $20)
- Use Unibeast to make USB key (be sure to select Laptop Support)
- Copy tegezee's ProBook installer to the USB key... you will need it later
- Boot from the USB key, select to boot from the USB key from the Chimera boot selection screen
- Use Disk Utility to format your HDD with at least 1x Mac OS X Journaled partition. Partition scheme must be GUID (GPT)
- Proceed to install Mountain Lion to your fresh partition
- When it finishes and it comes time to reboot, boot once again from the USB key
- Select your newly installed partition on the HDD from the Chimera boot screen
- Complete the installation, creating your account, etc.
- When you're finished with that, you'll be sitting at the Mountain Lion desktop
- Now run the ProBook installer from the USB key (some people copy it to the desktop and run it from there)

Once you run the installer it is pretty self explanatory, but that doesn't mean that people haven't made mistakes first time in.

Basically you need to know:
- Your BIOS version
- Your CPU
- Your screen type (will be standard unless you have physically replaced the screen)

Then you basically walk through each option, expanding each of the options in the installer, to see what you need to select.

- For "OS X Version" you will want " OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
- Select "Chimera 1.11.0", assuming you intend to use it as your boot loader (recommended)
- Select "Ethernet Kext Installer"
- DO NOT "Bluetooth..." it is for Lion/SL versions of OS X only
- Select "AHCI patch" as you will likely need it (most HP ProBooks need this, some don't, but if you want easy way... just select it)
- Select "EDID generator" (recommended, but not required)
- If you have SSD, select "Sleep Fix Image Fix" (recommended, but not required... also if you have sleep issues you can try this as a solution later)
- Expand the "CPU SSDTs..." and select ONE SSDT appropriate for your CPU that is installed.
- Expand either "DSDTs for standard screens" or "DSDTs for 1080p screens" depending on whether you have the original screen or a custom installed screen
- Select ONE DSDT appropriate for your hardware, and BIOS version
- Select ONE "System Definition" appropriate for your laptop (8,2 makes the most sense for ProBook 15")
- The rest of the options as far as Tools, Color Profiles, and Screen Brightness Fix are optional (I think screen brightness fix is not necessary on ML)

At that point, complete the installation to your ML partition, cross your fingers, reboot, and see what you have...

believe me or not, but i already removed my wifi card out of the slot and it says ""Realtek Model: RTL 8188CEB8" - my ethernet is still working without that card.
and as said above, i also have used the probook installer 5.1b1.

believe me or not, but i already removed my wifi card out of the slot and it says ""Realtek Model: RTL 8188CEB8" - my ethernet is still working without that card.
and as said above, i also have used the probook installer 5.1b1.

talk to your supplier check HP web site guess it been replaced match the MAC address with the box

so the mac adress written on the card should be the same like the one on the box? - it is not..
maybe the one on the box is the mac adress of the ethernet (or is ethernat mac adress the same like wifi?)

anyway, do you know a raplacement card?

so the mac adress written on the card should be the same like the one on the box? - it is not..
maybe the one on the box is the mac adress of the ethernet (or is ethernat mac adress the same like wifi?)

anyway, do you know a raplacement card?

sorry didn't notice mac address on the box is the mac adress of the ethernet. Go to hp site check if the card you have is supply by hp

i would prefer an internal card..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back