Contribute
Register

HP 2570p VoodooPS2Controller Kernel Panic [Clover]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks,

I've been going through the timeline of various OS's successfully from Mavericks all the way up (Thanks ProBook installer!), but Sierra is throwing a wobbly when installing.

It's disliking the VoodooPS2Controller, no matter what Clover version I use (I can't find one that actually shows MacOS Sierra boot and contains the cache/inject kexts menu options at the same time) I get a kernel panic on that kext.

Removing the kext from S/L/E (is that right? I'm new, it's in the system one) allows the install straight through and boots fine, but of course I have no keyboard and mouse on the laptop and I have to use external ones. Everything else (other than sound, but I'll use the El Cap fix for that) is working great.

I've taken the Voodoo kext from this site alongside the kext installer, injected, and boom, kernel panic.

Not sure what to do here, I'm rocking the latest (4031?) clover, i have a bootable MacOS install, I just can't use the keyboard and mouse!

Any ideas?

Hey folks,

I've been going through the timeline of various OS's successfully from Mavericks all the way up (Thanks ProBook installer!), but Sierra is throwing a wobbly when installing.

It's disliking the VoodooPS2Controller, no matter what Clover version I use (I can't find one that actually shows MacOS Sierra boot and contains the cache/inject kexts menu options at the same time) I get a kernel panic on that kext.

Removing the kext from S/L/E (is that right? I'm new, it's in the system one) allows the install straight through and boots fine, but of course I have no keyboard and mouse on the laptop and I have to use external ones. Everything else (other than sound, but I'll use the El Cap fix for that) is working great.

I've taken the Voodoo kext from this site alongside the kext installer, injected, and boom, kernel panic.

Not sure what to do here, I'm rocking the latest (4031?) clover, i have a bootable MacOS install, I just can't use the keyboard and mouse!

Any ideas?

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Your VoodooPS2Controller.kext is too old. You should have updated it prior to updating to Sierra.

See here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back