Contribute
Register

HP 250 G6 Mojave 10.14 - Various Issues Post Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing! That has fixed so many issues! Thank you so much!!

Unfortunately the screen brightness isn't working (which isn't too much of an issue).

Also whenever I connect/Disconnect the HDMI the laptop reboots itself immediately... I wish I knew more about all of this, i'm clueless...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 51
Amazing! That has fixed so many issues! Thank you so much!!

Unfortunately the screen brightness isn't working (which isn't too much of an issue).

Also whenever I connect/Disconnect the HDMI the laptop reboots itself immediately... I wish I knew more about all of this, i'm clueless...
drivers64UEFI folder has too many files in there, check laptop guide as to what should be in there

use hackintool to make sure your kexts are updated and also under the patch and connector options and also under advanced there is a hdmi reboot fix you can apply

drivers64UEFI folder has too many files in there, check laptop guide as to what should be in there

use hackintool to make sure your kexts are updated and also under the patch and connector options and also under advanced there is a hdmi reboot fix you can apply

Thank you so much! After some pretty hefty tweaking everything is working (except the brightness buttons, but I can live without that easily)! I have one minor issue -

Sometimes (I'd say 60% of the time) the built in audio devices don't appear. Are there any Audio related clashes that you can see that would cause an incorrect kext or setting to load and overwrite the proper one? The confusing thing is that it's not 100% of the time... It's hit and miss...

Regardless of whether the above works, the HDMI audio always appears when HDMI (w/ audio) is connected so thats all good.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 88
Thank you so much! After some pretty hefty tweaking everything is working (except the brightness buttons, but I can live without that easily)! I have one minor issue -

Sometimes (I'd say 60% of the time) the built in audio devices don't appear. Are there any Audio related clashes that you can see that would cause an incorrect kext or setting to load and overwrite the proper one? The confusing thing is that it's not 100% of the time... It's hit and miss...

Regardless of whether the above works, the HDMI audio always appears when HDMI (w/ audio) is connected so thats all good.
remove FakePCIID.kext as that does nothing on it's own

what wifi card do you have ? make and model?

in your config.plist, enable these:
Code:
<key>Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
                <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>

possible that you may not need these boot arguments:
-disablegfxfirmware
igfxframe=0x591E0000

these are disabled:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>#PinConfigurations</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>#hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>#layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <key>#no-controller-patch</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>

you may want to enable them like:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>#PinConfigurations</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <key>#no-controller-patch</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
            </dict>

(remove the #s)

also the id is set to layout 3, you may need to trial and error these by looking at the chart:

Excellent, thanks. The IGFXFlag boot arg is a part of the graphics fix so that needs to stay. I don't have a compatible WiFi card so I'm discounting it, I'll be dual booting with Windows so I'm happy to use OSX Ethernet only.

Honestly I'm at a point now where i'm super happy with it, thank you so much!! If I could give you the top review I could, I would!!

Excellent, thanks. The IGFXFlag boot arg is a part of the graphics fix so that needs to stay. I don't have a compatible WiFi card so I'm discounting it, I'll be dual booting with Windows so I'm happy to use OSX Ethernet only.

Honestly I'm at a point now where i'm super happy with it, thank you so much!! If I could give you the top review I could, I would!!
best to remove this kext as well:
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext :)

glad you got it working! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back