Contribute
Register

HP 250 G5 Mavericks Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
A kext is a special type of folder with several other files inside. The folder itself has a .kext extension. Dont try to install or otherwise use the individual files from within it, they have to stay together in their respective places. When you download a kext, it includes all of the contents. You would then normally install the kext as is, either using a kext install tool or from the command line.

FYI: samzaxe is downloading the wrong thing (is downloading the source code instead of the pre-built kext).

Problem: Not reading carefully.

A kext is a special type of folder with several other files inside. The folder itself has a .kext extension. Dont try to install or otherwise use the individual files from within it, they have to stay together in their respective places. When you download a kext, it includes all of the contents. You would then normally install the kext as is, either using a kext install tool or from the command line.
Thanks for the quick response.

Thanks for the quick response.

Just as long as you realize WonkeyDonkey's response is not relevant to what you're actually doing wrong...

Just as long as you realize WonkeyDonkey's response is not relevant to what you're actually doing wrong...
Hey there RehabMan, you were right as right after posting i some how figured out the kext thing. I really appreciate your patience and contribution. The guide looks a bit intimidating in the begining but now Sierra is working on my Hp 250 G5 with the help of your guide.

My post was simply to explain a little about the make up of kext files in general, it wasn't intended as a solution of any kind. Apologies if that caused any confusion.

Yeah (thanks), I realized that, but was making sure that samzaxe also realized the same...

Thanks both of you guys. Can you please tell me another guide for Postinstalltion for my Wifi and other devices. I also wanted to ask you that is there a way to boot Hackintosh withouf the bootable stick. Thanks

You can't get wifi working on these laptops since they all have Intel wireless cards. First, see if your laptop has a wireless card whitelist and then replace it with the compatible Broadcom NGFF card. (Can't remember the model number now).
Another solution is to get a cheapo USB wifi adapter that works with MacOS, such as the TP-Link TL-WN725N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back