Hewlett-Packard 80C1
CPU
Intel Core i3 5005U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mobile Phone
iOS
Overview
HP 250 G4 is a very cheap laptop with decent hardware for its price (~300euro). It comes with an i3 5005u, 4GB of Ram and an hard drive of 500GB

Status of the system
Working:
Almost everything

Not working:
1. Wifi & Bluetooth due to its chip (This laptop has a whitelist so I would recommend you to buy a USB Wifi compatible stick)
2. Sometimes SD reader
3. Maybe HDMI audio (not tested)

Guide:
Make a USB installer with El Capitan, using Unibeast. After that we will need to change couple stuff. Using EFI mounter V3, mount the EFI partition of the USB stick and replace every single file of of with this EFI Folder. This folder pretty much has everything customized specifically for this laptop. It has numerous changes at the config.plist, many kexts additions, a special version of OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi and of course a DSST for background control
Before we move on, you will need to boot to the bios by holding F10 & A button. A button gives you the access to many hidden options, such as changing the fan speed etc. In our case, we will need to change the DVMT from 32mb to 128mb. Just go to the advance tab and video settings. It is very easy. After that small trick, boot to our USB stick. No modifications are needed because I have done them for you already.
When it is done, download the EFI mounter V3 and mount the EFI partition of the HDD. After doing that copy the EFI folder that you have previously downloaded to this partition. By doing that, you will not need the USB stick to boot anymore and you will have almost all the features working OOB
We are almost done!!! Yes! The only thing that has to be fixed is the Audio. Just install the VoodooHDA 2.8.8 and reboot once
You are done

Thanks to
whoever made the special OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi (I think it is a member from this forum)
every dev or guy that helps us

If you have any question dont hesitate to ask me
Hello!!!! I have the same laptop, did just like your guide tells me to, but the pc reboots after loading OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi. First it showd message of a kernel panic but I solved it by changing Execute Disable Bit to Disabled. Panic won't show, but its still reboots as I described before. Please help

Motherboard
B85M-G
CPU
I5
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello!!!! I have the same laptop, did just like your guide tells me to, but the pc reboots after loading OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi. First it showd message of a kernel panic but I solved it by changing Execute Disable Bit to Disabled. Panic won't show, but its still reboots as I described before. Please help
Use the osxaptiofix2drv.efi that I have in the zip. it fixes almost everything

Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 80C1
CPU
Intel Core i3 5005U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mobile Phone
iOS
Use the osxaptiofix2drv.efi that I have in the zip. it fixes almost everything
Where is that???? If you telling me about the files in your instructions - I copied them on EFI partition as you said

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Where is that???? If you telling me about the files in your instructions - I copied them on EFI partition as you said
Keep in mind that patched ACPI files (ACPI/patched) cannot be shared.

Motherboard
MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
HD 4600
Not very helpful guide. I have the same HP G4 250 (i5-5005u, 8GB ram), but I've placed a Sandisk SSD in place of HDD and so far no luck getting to The Installation Window - with or without the modified EFI files provided in the first post. Going with -v and -x flags only cause a reboot after a moment of scrolling text down the screen.

Have anyone tried patching the UEFI bios? Also, I work toward dual-booting Mac OS X (10.11 El capitan) with windows 7. I've read that installation order is critical and Mac Os installation can cripple Windows partition easily. Any hints how to split 240GB SSD? Use Clover with GPT or MBR boot table? Use Disk Utility in 10.10.5 or some other tool for partitioning?
hp-g4-250_msinfo32.png hp-g4-250_cpu-z-03.png hp-g4-250_cpu-z-02.png hp-g4-250_cpu-z-01.png

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Not very helpful guide. I have the same HP G4 250 (i5-5005u, 8GB ram), but I've placed a Sandisk SSD in place of HDD and so far no luck getting to The Installation Window - with or without the modified EFI files provided in the first post. Going with -v and -x flags only cause a reboot after a moment of scrolling text down the screen.

Have anyone tried patching the UEFI bios? Also, I work toward dual-booting Mac OS X (10.11 El capitan) with windows 7. I've read that installation order is critical and Mac Os installation can cripple Windows partition easily. Any hints how to split 240GB SSD? Use Clover with GPT or MBR boot table? Use Disk Utility in 10.10.5 or some other tool for partitioning?
View attachment 215264 View attachment 215265 View attachment 215266 View attachment 215267
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/164990-faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Motherboard
MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
HD 4600
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/164990-faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.
You answer is inadequate, sorry. I've read the FAQ a few times already and I haven't found what I've been asking for. It's too vague for this topic focused on HP G4 250. It's not like linking the same FAQ twice in a topic that is two pages long is helpful at all.

So far I've figured out that HP released a BIOS patch and took down links to previous ones for this model so if I don't want potentially more troublesome new BIOS (there's information that after update the latest bios, it can't be rolled back to any previous version) that could potentially brick a new laptop when patched, I need to find a free tool to backup current BIOS, patch it and keep fingers crossed. I could try hotpatching inside Clover to get the USB created by UniBeast to work and maybe I will if I grasp full understanding of how to do it.

I suspect that I need something akin to HirenBoot CD to clear the internal drive again (I don't want to risk again breaking the laptop case just so I can hook it up to my current machine and format it under Yosemite) or liveCD linux disto. Worst case I will try to install on external drive as there were always problems with drive detections. Lack of tested flags for this model is what sets me back the most. From install window it's just a trial and error to get all essential component working. Got just to backup fresh installation and restore from it.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
You answer is inadequate, sorry. I've read the FAQ a few times already and I haven't found what I've been asking for. It's too vague for this topic focused on HP G4 250. It's not like linking the same FAQ twice in a topic that is two pages long is helpful at all.
Your previous post indicates you didn't follow the guide.
And your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ and the guide.
Your questions regarding dual-boot issues are also a telltale sign you didn't read the guide and FAQ.

As a result, I assume you haven't read it.

Try following it as written, and report back with results. Don't forget to fill out your profile as per FAQ/guide.

Last edited: