B85M-G
CPU
I5
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Overview
HP 250 G4 is a very cheap laptop with decent hardware for its price (~300euro). It comes with an i3 5005u, 4GB of Ram and an hard drive of 500GB

Status of the system
Working:
Almost everything

Not working:
1. Wifi & Bluetooth due to its chip (This laptop has a whitelist so I would recommend you to buy a USB Wifi compatible stick)
2. Sometimes SD reader
3. Maybe HDMI audio (not tested)

Guide:
Make a USB installer with El Capitan, using Unibeast. After that we will need to change couple stuff. Using EFI mounter V3, mount the EFI partition of the USB stick and replace every single file of of with this EFI Folder. This folder pretty much has everything customized specifically for this laptop. It has numerous changes at the config.plist, many kexts additions, a special version of OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi and of course a DSST for background control
Before we move on, you will need to boot to the bios by holding F10 & A button. A button gives you the access to many hidden options, such as changing the fan speed etc. In our case, we will need to change the DVMT from 32mb to 128mb. Just go to the advance tab and video settings. It is very easy. After that small trick, boot to our USB stick. No modifications are needed because I have done them for you already.
When it is done, download the EFI mounter V3 and mount the EFI partition of the HDD. After doing that copy the EFI folder that you have previously downloaded to this partition. By doing that, you will not need the USB stick to boot anymore and you will have almost all the features working OOB
We are almost done!!! Yes! The only thing that has to be fixed is the Audio. Just install the VoodooHDA 2.8.8 and reboot once
You are done

Thanks to
whoever made the special OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi (I think it is a member from this forum)
every dev or guy that helps us

If you have any question dont hesitate to ask me

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!
I finally made this little laptop working. Before I tell you the procedure, let me inform you about what it is working or not

My specs:
i3 5005u
4gb ram
hd 5500 gpu

Working:
Everything

Not working
Wifi & Bluetooth due to its chip (This laptop has a whitelist so I would recommend you to buy a USB Wifi compatible stick)
Sometimes SD reader

Steps:
1. Make a USB installer with El Capitan, using Unibeast
2. Use this EFI folder. It has a perfectly working config.plist, required kexts and a special version of OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi
4. Boot to bios by holding F10 & A button in order to get access to the advanced menu
5. Change the DVMT to 128mb from 32mb
6. Boot to the usb stick and begin the installation
7. When it is done, download the efi mounter v3 from this site and mount the efi partition of the hdd
8. Copy on it the EFI Folder
9. Reboot
10. Download VoodooHDA 2.8.8 in order to have the audio working FAST & SIMPLE.
11. Voila

Thanks to
whoever made the special OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi (I think it is a member from this forum) and generally to every dev out there for helping us

If you have any question dont hesitate to ask me

You have a lot of work to do before this "guide" is complete.

See FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I mean is the guide better than the last time?
What changes do you recommend?

Just from reading post #1, you have much work to do:
- CPU power management
- ACPI patching
- backlight control, brightness keys
- USB optimization/fixing
- HDMI audio (unless you have DP)
- testing/fixing sleep
- probably more...

Motherboard
B85M-G
CPU
I5
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just from reading post #1, you have much work to do:
- CPU power management
- ACPI patching
- backlight control, brightness keys
- USB optimization/fixing
- HDMI audio (unless you have DP)
- testing/fixing sleep
- probably more...
backlight control, usb optimization and sleeping are already fixed by the EFI folder that I give. That folder contains the required kexts, a good config.plist and many more

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
CPU Power management, backlight control, usb optimization and sleeping are already fixed by the EFI folder that I give. That folder contains the required kexts, a good config.plist and many more

CPU power management is specific to installed CPU. Must use ssdtPRgen.sh on the actual computer to get a correct file. ACPI patching must be done on the target computer itself due to extracted files may be different on each computer (even slight BIOS differences can matter).

Also, your link for the EFI folder is broken (looks like it violates google's TOS).

Motherboard
B85M-G
CPU
I5
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
CPU power management is specific to installed CPU. Must use ssdtPRgen.sh on the actual computer to get a correct file. ACPI patching must be done on the target computer itself due to extracted files may be different on each computer (even slight BIOS differences can matter).

Also, your link for the EFI folder is broken (looks like it violates google's TOS).
Ok thanks. I will be updating it by the time I actually test it
I reuploaded the efi folder to mega.nz

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok thanks. I will be updating it by the time I actually test it
I reuploaded the efi folder to mega.nz

You should probably remove EFI/APPLE. No need for it (Apple firmware update in there).

Keep in mind only you can use the patched DSDT.aml.