Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 240 G5
CPU
Intel Core i5-6200U
Graphics
Intel HD 530
As I said: When I turn off the computer (via Shut down in apple menu), the computer stays on and when I'm booting verbose and shut down the computer it says "unmount initiated on Mac HD" and then appears CPU halted, turns off the screen and the fans keep running, with both power and HDD activity leds fully on.

Attaching problem reporting files.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting Files.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 91
As I said: When I turn off the computer (via Shut down in apple menu), the computer stays on and when I'm booting verbose and shut down the computer it says "unmount initiated on Mac HD" and then appears CPU halted, turns off the screen and the fans keep running, with both power and HDD activity leds fully on.

Did you try config.plist/Acpi/FixShutdown_0004?

I did not, but I have done a lot of DSDT patching, including the Shutdown Fix V2 from RehabMan. I'll try it today.

Your USB configuration looks wrong. HS04 is marked internal (UsbConnector=255), but nothing is connected there.

Are you sure you don't have "auto restart after shutdown"?

Did you try config.plist/Acpi/FixShutdown_0004?
Tried, didn't work.

Your USB configuration looks wrong. HS04 is marked internal (UsbConnector=255), but nothing is connected there.

Are you sure you don't have "auto restart after shutdown"?

Doesn't seem like that. It actually looks like it's Windows 95 but without the You can turn off your PC now (I have to force shutdown, ie. press the button for a while). About the HS04, I think it's an internal but unused port on my mobo (haven't opened it yet).

Doesn't seem like that. It actually looks like it's Windows 95 but without the You can turn off your PC now (I have to force shutdown, ie. press the button for a while).

Fix your USB configuration.
Also, if you boot verbose, you will get verbose shutdown.

About the HS04, I think it's an internal but unused port on my mobo (haven't opened it yet).

Unused ports should be excluded.

Hopefully I didn't missed anything on the problem reporting files. I have disabled that unused port. Have enabled HaltEnabler, FixShutdown and still no "normal" shutdown. I'll try to disable the Bluetooth port if it's a problem. (since I still have non-compatible hardware).

Attachments

• HP 240 G5.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 88
Hopefully I didn't missed anything on the problem reporting files. I have disabled that unused port. Have enabled HaltEnabler, FixShutdown and still no "normal" shutdown. I'll try to disable the Bluetooth port if it's a problem. (since I still have non-compatible hardware).

Your files in ACPI/origin are too old.
Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

You will also need to describe in detail what happens when you use Apple->Shutdown.

You should also remove unnecessary software, such as Soundflower, VirtualBox, etc

Your files in ACPI/origin are too old.
Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

You will also need to describe in detail what happens when you use Apple->Shutdown.

You should also remove unnecessary software, such as Soundflower, VirtualBox, etc

I do use Soundflower (to route macOS audio to LineIn and play it on HDMI(For volume control)) but I have uninstalled it anyways. VirtualBox I might uninstall since i'm not really using it. When I use apple shutdown, all programs close, then the spinning stuff appears and then the screen shuts off, but the computer keeps on, fans spinning, both power and HDD leds fully on. Attaching new PRF with new original ACPI tables dump (although I'm pretty sure I redid my DSDT with the new bios update) , and terminal output.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting Files.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 65
I do use Soundflower (to route macOS audio to LineIn and play it on HDMI(For volume control)) but I have uninstalled it anyways. VirtualBox I might uninstall since i'm not really using it. When I use apple shutdown, all programs close, then the spinning stuff appears and then the screen shuts off, but the computer keeps on, fans spinning, both power and HDD leds fully on. Attaching new PRF with new original ACPI tables dump (although I'm pretty sure I redid my DSDT with the new bios update) , and terminal output.

Problems:
- kexts are not installed correctly (all kexts you need must be installed to the system volume) InjectKexts should be set to "Detect"
- use OsxAptioFix instead of OsxAptioFix2
- HaltEnabler should be false
- no verbose boot shutdown image provided
- FixRegions is a mistake. Set false.
- Try with FixShutdown=false
- try without Shutdown fix patch (the Clover fix and DSDT patch are redundant anyway)
- no ioreg attached. Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back