Contribute
Register

HP 14-dq1077wm Ice Lake No Battery problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 14-dq1077wm 86C8
CPU
i3-1005G1
Graphics
UHD Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone, i successfully booted in Catalina and is trying to get everything working.
I am stuck over the battery patch. And it seems my touchpad depends on my working battery to be enable.

Specs:
Dualboot with windows10.
Core i3-1005G1 w/ Intel UHD Graphics.

Whats Working:
Keyboard
Hardware Acceleration
Backlight (Backlight Control)
Audio

I attached my DSDT in case someone can help me.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
From what I can see in the EmbeddedControl section in your DSDT you need to use Rehabman's HP-DV6-3165sf battery patch as a base for your battery setup.

It seems to contain all the relevant entries that are greater than 8-bytes in your DSDT.

# SMD0, 256,
# BADC, 16,
# BFCC, 16,
# MCUR, 16,
# MBRM, 16,
# MBCV, 16,
# SMW0, 16
# FLD0, 64,
# FLD1, 128,
# FLD2, 192,
# FLD3, 256,

Problem is when the patch is applied to your DSDT.dsl, and the resulting patched DSDT is Compiled it creates a large number of errors (59). Where the old names used by the DSDT are being tagged/called but not found as they have been edited by the patch.

So obviously something is different in your Battery EmbbededControl compared to the DV6-3165sf patches. Which is why I said the HP-DV6-3165sf patch would need to be used as a base.

Editing the patch to remove the errors is beyond my skill set. So you either need to do this yourself or hope that someone else with a bit more skill in battery patch editing comes to your aid.

I have attached a copy of Rehabman's patch for you or anyone else looking at this post.

Attachments

• HP-DV6-3165sf-Bat-patch.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back