RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

seems the HDD in my 2008 Macbook died.
I've a perfectly running hackintosh on a Gigabyte GA-Z77N-Wifi and I tried to clone it back to my Macbook (late 2008).
I used Carbon Copy Cloner and SuperDuper! - but the clone is able to boot from USB Docking only, not as internal SATA SSD. Audio is also not working, cause Multibeast put in the Realtek ALC892 codec.

Is there any way to force a new hardwaredetection on my macbook oder which is the easiest way ?

sincerly,
Frank

Hello,

seems the HDD in my 2008 Macbook died.
I've a perfectly running hackintosh on a Gigabyte GA-Z77N-Wifi and I tried to clone it back to my Macbook (late 2008).
I used Carbon Copy Cloner and SuperDuper! - but the clone is able to boot from USB Docking only, not as internal SATA SSD. Audio is also not working, cause Multibeast put in the Realtek ALC892 codec.

Is there any way to force a new hardwaredetection on my macbook oder which is the easiest way ?

sincerly,
Frank
Clone working PC-Mac drive
Delete /Extra folder on clone drive - not needed in a "real" Mac.
Download latest update combo from Apple support
Install update combo to the clone - this replaces any modified kexts with the originals.
Examine the clone S/L/E for and extra kexts like voodooHDA or realtek RTL8xxx and delete them.
Install clone drive in the "real" Mac and boot.

works perfectly, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back