Contribute
Register

How would proprietary processors for the Mac affect Hackintosh builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I helped build a few Hackintoshes a few years ago, but I don't have a great in-depth understanding of the theory, so I'm hoping someone can make this fairly simple. We're hearing now that Apple will be introducing proprietary CPUs for their Macs as early as 2020. I've been considering building a new Hackintosh, but with this news I'm hesitant. Wouldn't the departure from Intel and the advent (or I suppose reintroduction) of proprietary CPUs make the process of building a Hackintosh impossible? Is it prudent to build a Hackintosh now with this possibility right around the corner? I know I can always just make the switch to PC and utilize the components that way, but I do really like running my audio applications and interface on the Mac OS, mostly because of how nicely Core Audio plays with everything.

They are refreshing the iMac lineup with the latest coffee lake chips and are rumored not to be using the T2 chip for these builds. They s bodes well for us as we will have 4-5 years of support on the latest hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back