Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] Windows entry after macOS in the OpenCore menu

It can work because, if data, is 4 bits (02687747) and decimal is without the leading zero. But if you read in the OpenCore configuration PDF you will see that the type must be number.
View attachment 520378
I think it's a good idea to follow authors' guidelines.
Hi, I search the authors' guidelines. But, I don't find. Where can I get themes? Thanks.

@milicio when creating the Misc > Entries patch for the Windows 10 drive, what do you need to set as the path?

Is PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0) or PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0) (ACPI addresses for the two NVME drives in my system) good enough or do we need to add anything else?

I assume these options in the Misc >Entries section need to be set as follows for the patch:
  • Arguments - Boolean - True
  • Enabled - Boolean - True
  • Name - String - Windows 10
  • TextMode - Boolean - True
As well as the ScanPolicy entry changing from '0' to '2687747'

View attachment 520334
Misc > Entries > Windows 10
ScanPolicy changed in Misc > Security
Hi, I have tow problems: I made the patch and when I set scanpolicy=2687747 as number, Windows is after icon macOS. My drives HFS still before macOS.

01161953.png
And when I set scanpolicy=2687747 as data windows is after icon macOS and I lost my drives HFS icon01163259.png

Last edited:
Hi, I have tow problems: I made the patch and when I set scanpolicy=2687747 as number, Windows is after icon macOS. My drives HFS still before macOS...

And when I set scanpolicy=2687747 as data windows is after icon macOS and I lost my drives HFS icon...
Curious! Remember that the type is really Number, it may be that with Data there is an unexpected behavior.
How do you prefer the Windows icon to be displayed? Before macOS or behind macOS?
Nota: me suena de algo ese avatar que tienes :)

Hi, I search the authors' guidelines. But, I don't find. Where can I get themes? Thanks.
I mean the Configuration.pdf included into each version of OpenCore, you can also read this in Dortania:
There you have all you need about each key from the config.plist file. Click Configuration next to Original PDF.

Themes:

Curious! Remember that the type is really Number, it may be that with Data there is an unexpected behavior.
How do you prefer the Windows icon to be displayed? Before macOS or behind macOS?
Nota: me suena de algo ese avatar que tienes :)
Thanks for your help and your time. I prefer Windows icon and HSF drives icon to be displayed behind macOS.

hi!

i have tried this, but this also hides my linux entries

have tried almost all from OpenCore ScanPolicy Generator

i have tried this, but this also hides my linux entries

have tried almost all from OpenCore ScanPolicy Generator
Adding a Windows entry has nothing to do with Linux entries, it's strange.

Do you have ext4_x64.efi and OpenLinuxBoot.efi in Drivers folder and config.plist? Make sure RequestBootVarRouting and LauncherOption are enabled in config.plist. 2700035 in ScanPolicy is a valid value to display Linux entries.

Do you have ext4_x64.efi and OpenLinuxBoot.efi in Drivers folder and config.plist? Make sure RequestBootVarRouting and LauncherOption are enabled in config.plist. 2700035 in ScanPolicy is a valid value to display Linux entries.
yes, sir, originally this was my menu with 2 windows entries shown using openLinuxBoot with ext4_x64 and btrfs_x64 efis, the last windows in misc\entries

Attachments

• OC menu.png
    OC menu.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

i did it the hard way using entries:
path=PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/\vmlinuz
arguments=initrd=\initrd.img ro quiet splash

Attachments

• OC menu 20220616.png
    OC menu 20220616.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 47
@skorpius
Yes, it's the hard way.
At least, you've fixed it

Back