Contribute
Register

How to use Intel Graphics without physically removing GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Motherboard
MSI z87-G45
CPU
Intel 4670K
Graphics
GTX1070
I just installed Catalina. I came from High Sierra on which my GTX1070 was working perfectly. Since there is no support on Catalina I have to use my Intel Graphics. I'm also using Windows so I can't pop my graphics card in and out every time. I've been trying different config for multiple hours, but I cannot seems to find the problem. Can anyone help me configure my config.plist so it uses my Intel Graphics without physically removing my GPU?

MOBO: MSI z87-G45
Processor: Intel 4670k

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 71
  • config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 70
This isn’t quite the technical solution you’re probably after, but this is what I do.

I have a GTX 1060 which I use when I boot Windows, and I didn’t want to take it out either. So I bought another HDMI cable which I permanently leave in my monitor, and then have the other end not in the integrated HDMI slot but just slightly hanging next to it and then I just push it into the HDMI port and boot MacOS and it automatically prioritises integrated over discrete as my card isn’t supported.

The easiest way to do it is by adding the following flag to your config:

Code:
-wegnoegpu

This disables all external GPUs.

You can also add properties to disable cards only from a specific brand which is useful if you, like me, also have an NVIDIA card to use for Windows and an AMD card to use on your hackintosh.

Here's how:
  1. Open your config.plist
  2. Go to Devices → Add Properties and add the following code
Devices Key Value Disabled Value Type
NVidia name 23646973706C6179 DATA
NVidia IOName #display STRING
NVidia class-code FFFFFFFF DATA

Credits to khronokernel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back