Contribute
Register

How To Use iBoot + MultiBeast on a Sandy Bridge System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!!
I'm very new with snow leopard and I have some problems.
Could you give me some help?

My pc:

i5 2500
H67M-D2
gtx460 Gigabyte

I have installed snow leopard with iboot and I have working the graphics well, but I can't boot in the system without iboot, and when I enter with iboot in 30min more or less the systems is blocked.
The sound don't work too. when I listen any song I hear a zzzzzz noise mixed with the song.

If any one knows how to solve any problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Sorry for my english. I'm improving it.

Thank's for all.

Please keep this topic to guide questions only. Any full installation support questions- create your own thread in Installation Support. ;)

Hi

Just wondering if native sata3 will work ?

Could be fantastic to use Force 3 SSDs.

thanks

using dsdt you get more geekbench and 100% hackintosh :)

hacman said:
using dsdt you get more geekbench and 100% hackintosh :)

what do you mean 100%? sleep works? everything except that seems to work for me?

there are no DSDT for my motherboard. when i run DSDT auto patcher and select extract without choosing a motherboard (because mine not listed) it just runs forever... am i supposed to choose the one that most closely resembles my system and then choose extract and apply? because that does seem to work better (puts a dsdt.aml on desktop) but i guess i have to research which of the available motherboards most closely match mine... or am i doing something wrong?

and when i do use a dsdt file does that mean i can 'not choose' options in multibeast? it will just know what i have and do it automatically or something?

thanks for the info and your help
sorry for my n00b ignorance

edit: or i guess i use ioreg or dsdt editor (extract seems to work in that) but then what i have edit it and fix compile errors and add patches... idk i read a bit about it but it seems complicated :(

edit: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=18842 and other posts seem to indicate we not need to use a dsdt... i did try to to use a dsdt by just extracting it with DSDT Editor and compiling it and fixing errors and putting it on desktop did not help with geekbench... but that could be because i did not apply any patches to the dsdt? do i need to? or just use the extracted one?

Just want to say big THANK YOU!!!

I followed the instructions and was able to get SL installed with everything working properly. Even my Dell SP2309W's integrated webcam also works OOB. Very impressive! :)

My system spec:
- i7 2600K
- GA-H67M-D2-B3 Rev 1.1 (BIOS upgraded to F4)
- 8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz
- EVGA GT 430 w/dual Dell SP2309W LCD (one on DVI and one on VGA)

I do want to share a few things from my experience.

1. First of all, my wife has a 13" MacBook Pro, that comes with OS X 10.6.4 Install DVD and I thought I can use that DVD to install. I was wrong. I kept getting the error message asking me to either "restore from a backup" or just "restart" the machine. Later I learned that 10.6.4 DVD is a machine specific version of SL, so I went to an Apple store and bought a retail SL DVD. This solved my problem and I was able to finished the installation.

2. After I successfully installed OS X 10.6.3 using iBoot (w/GT 430 on a 20" Samsung LCD). I installed the "10.6.7 Combo Update". I then installed the "tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update". I rebooted my machine and the LCD screen just went black. At first, I thought I did something wrong, so I reinstall everything again but end up with the same result, black screen. Out of curiosity, I switched to a Dell 23" LCD, and "bang", the Dell LCD worked just fine at 2048x1152 resolution. I think it's because the resolution from the boot.plist is fixed at a resolution the 20" Samsung can't display properly (the timing is out-of-sync probably).

3. I used the "Official Realtek Driver 2.0.6" in the MultiBeast and it works just fine.

4. The motherboard I bought comes with BIOS version F2. I had this weird problem that my machine after the reboot will just randomly goes into an infinite loop of restarting itself. I checked Gigabyte's website and had to upgrade the BIOS to F4 and it solved this random reboot problem for me.

Everything seems to work just fine at the moment, audio, network, sleep all works. The GeekBench I got OOB without any OC (I don't think I can OC on this motherboard anyway) is 12213. Not sure if I can tweak it to make it better, but if you have any tips, please share. Thanks in advance. :)

mansiu78 said:
congrats!!

i have the same board but i still cant find a way to install

can you kindly please tell me what have you used? i have tried the least iboot and iboot legacy but all turned out kernel panic

you are the first one i found that have successfully installed with this board

thanks

thanks... well i just did like this post says use the latest iboot (not legacy) then install osx 10.6, then 10.6.7 combo update, then bridge helper, then multibeast with
- system utilities
- voodoohda latest (there is another post on this board how to fix the hiss)
- did not need any of the graphics stuff for my GeForce GT220
- FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement
- 64bit apple boot screen
- iMac 12,2
- and a bootloader and a theme (i choose chameleon but i think chimera might be better/newer) will use that next time

one think i noticed is that usb sticks can cause problems... remove memory sticks and wireless usb until ready to install the drivers

even now i cannot boot unless my memory stick in unplugged and my wireless usb is plugged in

let me know at what stage you have trouble and maybe i can help more

good luck

This install guide worked very well for me for the build in my sig below. This is my first build and I really appreciate all the work you have done here to make it possible. Thank you very much!

I used the DSDT file for this motherboard, and the audio recommendations. I haven't yet tried the ATI graphics, just using the default injection. I'll try the ATI graphics soon, and may even try Bluetooth in the near future.

I'm having loads of probles with ALC887 in an Asus P8H67-M board. Similar to yours.

Have you solved the sound issue????

thanks

danosx86 said:
Hi,

@ tony:
A multiplier of 33 corresponds to 3.3GHz.
Default for the 2500K - as well as the 2500 - is 33.

For the ALC887 (I guess it's identical to the ALC889b) the HDARollback thingy does not work. At least not on the Asus P8H67-V. Neither does VoodooHDA. To be honest, on none of my machines VoodooHDA ever worked properly. But that's as different story ;)

Also, the AR81xx-Kext you are suggesting does not work for the AR8151. Look around the interwebs for an 8151 kext, there is one that works. Forgot where I got it from, but there definitely is one. I think it was some russian guy who kind of "ported" the BSD-driver to work on OS X.

Just my 2ct, otherwise really nice guide :)

Best regards,
Daniel

PS:
Does anybody know if and when the 5xx Fermis are going to be "supported"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back