Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
How to Use HDAEnabler module with Chimera

As of version 3.0, Chimera installs /Extra/modules/HDAEnabler.dylib, a Chameleon module that is included in the source code. It allows HDEF and HDAU audio device injection using the bootloader without requiring a DSDT/SSDT or injection kext. It needs to be enabled by adding an entry in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Default MultiBeast audio installations without DSDT usually include HDAEnabler1.kext. This item can now be removed. Until a future version of MultiBeast can do this for us, to initiate HDAEnabler module with default Realtek ALC Audio Layout 1 a few changes have to be made.

1. Install latest version of Chimera (if not already installed)
2. Install patched AppleHDA using MultiBeast
3. Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/
4. Remove HDAEnabler1.kext and/or HDAEnabler2.kext if present

Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 8.11.46 AM.png
5. Open /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

6. To add the default layout id, which is 1, add the following and save
Code:
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>

7. Reboot

Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 8.08.03 AM.png

HDAEnabler Module Boot Flag Options:

Audio ID: 1/HDEFLayoutID=1
Code:
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>

1. 5/6 port Realtek ALC onboard audio
  2. HD5K/AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio
  3. HD3K/HD4K/HD5K/AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio with native AppleHDA.kext (no onboard audio)

Audio_ID: 2/HDEFLayoutID=2
Code:
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>02000000</string>

1. 3 port Realtek ALC onboard audio
  2. HD5K/AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio

Audio_ID: 3/HDEFLayoutID=3
Code:
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>03000000</string>

1. 3/5/6 port Realtek ALC onboard audio
  2. HD3K/HD4K/AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio

HDAEnabler module official info
Credit to ErmaC for HDAEnabler.dylib
http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/2215/trunk/i386/modules/HDAEnabler

Related:
Chimera 3.0 Update

Is this feature more for GPU HDMI audio? Would it work on onboard HDMI audio? I'm currently only using optical audio out and would love the higher sound quality.

Test an work for me...
Just when I boot now it show "Chameleon v2.2svn r2378" and if I remember before it was the Chimera version that was display, not the Chameleon one... (Anyway the result is the same.)

Is this feature more for GPU HDMI audio? Would it work on onboard HDMI audio? I'm currently only using optical audio out and would love the higher sound quality.

To be clear, this is a replacement for HDAEnabler.kext or DSDT/SSDT HDEF injection. Nothing more- there's no quality advantage to be gained by doing the injection this way.

Hi

I have followed the instructions but no luck to get the HDMI output working,
Still Bluethooth and wifi are not working as well.

Can some one help
P8H67-I Deluxe, Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3Ghz, Onboard Graphics , on board Audio.
Running Mavericks

Thanks,

Off topic. HDMI audio is not mentioned in Post #1. Use Search.

Hi toleda,

I have a rear case HDMI output (Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-H87M-D3+HD4600 just) and have linked to my LG Monitor by this connection. I have the hacintosh with 10.9.2 and Multibeast 6.2.1+Chimera 3.0.1. My MB is DSDT free (AL 892+HDAEnabler). In sound system config i can't see "23E...." and i don't can use the headphone output in rear of monitor that bring more extra power sound than the output in the desktop case.

Can you explain me step by step the process to activate this function for my specs? It is possible?

Thanks,
LP

Any easy way to get this to work with ALC269? That thing is a bugger. Bought my girls a laptop for Christmas, hackintoshed it, and still can't get sound for that ALC269 to work... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back