Graphics
Gigabyte OC GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When am I supposed to put the boot flags? I'm not able to get to the OS X installer from the USB drive, and I think boot flags might solve it, but I don't know when I'm supposed to enter them, whenver I try to boot from the USB drive I just instantly get to the BIOS.
Thanks in advance for helping.

When am I supposed to put the boot flags? I'm not able to get to the OS X installer from the USB drive, and I think boot flags might solve it, but I don't know when I'm supposed to enter them, whenver I try to boot from the USB drive I just instantly get to the BIOS.
Thanks in advance for helping.

How you created the bootable USB?? With this guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html ??

Assuming that you had used the above guide,

You have to type the required flags on the Chimera screen before pressing enter key.

Apparently it is set to MBR by default, I'll try to create it again anyway, maybe I need to tweak some BIOS settings?

Update your BIOS to the latest available version.

Is the USB showing on your BIOS or BBS Pop up menu?? What is happening after selecting the USB for booting??

Better recreate the USB as per the guide and try again after updating BIOS.

Update your BIOS to the latest available version.

Is the USB showing on your BIOS or BBS Pop up menu?? What is happening after selecting the USB for booting??

Better recreate the USB as per the guide and try again after updating BIOS.
I created it again according to the guide and chagned all the BIOS settings according to it as well, and it worked! unlike the last time I tried, I was now able to disable secure boot mode, it probably had a decent role in the process. Now all I have to do is wait for my new SSD to arrive and hope everything would work properly.
Thanks for the help!

I created it again according to the guide and chagned all the BIOS settings according to it as well, and it worked! unlike the last time I tried, I was now able to disable secure boot mode, it probably had a decent role in the process. Now all I have to do is wait for my new SSD to arrive and hope everything would work properly.
Thanks for the help!

Good Luck...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back