Contribute
Register

How to upgrade to High Sierra or Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi, I've a very good hackintosh, installed with Univeast, that was not update and it is working with Mountain Lion.
I would link to upgrade to Hight Sierra... but from Apple I can't find any more Mavericks to download.
I've found a download copy of Maverick, and I will try to upgrade, but then.... can I do a direct upgrade to High Sierra or not?
Alternatively how can i do it?

Thanks

My configuration is the following one:

GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel Core i7-3770
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair 650watt
Corsair Carbide 500R
500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA

I've install Mountain Lion and I would like to upgrade the computer.
I've an old copy of Install OS X Mavericks on my computer but when I run Unibeast I get the following error:

"Selected Mac OS X Installer is incomplete"

Actually I can't find form Apple store a version of Mavericks to download again. How can I update the computer?
Can I update directy to High Sierra? Is the software good to upgrade to High Sierra?

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks!!!!

My configuration is the following one:

GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel Core i7-3770
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair 650watt
Corsair Carbide 500R
500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA

I've install Mountain Lion and I would like to upgrade the computer.
I've an old copy of Install OS X Mavericks on my computer but when I run Unibeast I get the following error:

"Selected Mac OS X Installer is incomplete"

Actually I can't find form Apple store a version of Mavericks to download again. How can I update the computer?
Can I update directy to High Sierra? Is the software good to upgrade to High Sierra?

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks!!!!

Please add your motherboard information to your Personal Details (your motherboard is the GA-Z77X-UD5H, not "10.8").

Since you already have Mountain Lion running, I suggest you try to download Sierra directly from the Mac App Store :
https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208202

and then use the corresponding version of Unibeast to create a USB installer that should allow you to install Sierra on your computer. I suggest doing the installation on another disk and keep your Mountain Lion disk handy, so that if there are any problems you have the option of reverting to Mountain Lion and start over.

Please add your motherboard information to your Personal Details (your motherboard is the GA-Z77X-UD5H, not "10.8").

Since you already have Mountain Lion running, I suggest you try to download Sierra directly from the Mac App Store :
https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208202

and then use the corresponding version of Unibeast to create a USB installer that should allow you to install Sierra on your computer. I suggest doing the installation on another disk and keep your Mountain Lion disk handy, so that if there are any problems you have the option of reverting to Mountain Lion and start over.

Thanks four detailed answer. I will update the motherboard information on my profile ;)
Regarding Sierra, I've tried to download Sierra and/or High Sierra but I get the following message (I'm translating it):

It is impossible to install this version of macOS 10.12.6 on your computer
Same for High Sierra.

How can I solve it?

Thanks

I suggest doing the installation on another disk and keep your Mountain Lion disk handy, so that if there are any problems you have the option of reverting to Mountain Lion and start over.

Hi, one more question about it. Your suggestion so is to do a new installation on a new disk, right?
So the second disk, the one with Mountain Lion, can be used in case of problems right?

If yes, it is ok to use the following guide?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Thanks

Hi, one more question about it. Your suggestion so is to do a new installation on a new disk, right?
So the second disk, the one with Mountain Lion, can be used in case of problems right?

If yes, it is ok to use the following guide?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Thanks

Yes, that is exactly what I mean.
Yes, you can use that guide.

As to the reason why Sierra "cannot be installed", I believe it is due to the SMBIOS. Unfortunately I have no idea how to change it on the Chimera bootloader, which I assume you are using with your Mountain Lion install (You are not using Clover right?). You may have to search around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back