Contribute
Register

How to upgrade from BIOS to UEFI on Gigabyte's 6-series motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be ok to upgrade the firmware if I have not installed any version of osx yet?

I managed to update to UEFI bios but my Mountain Lion cannot boot up. My Dlink DW556 does not connect in Windows anymore.. urghhhh.

I updated my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 bios F12 to UEFI Bios U1H and now I cannot install ML from Unitbeast, the screen turns black after the initial Apple logo installation. It looks like the system hangs and no video signal is coming through. Can someone please help ?
I cannot downgrade to F12 bios too,

These are my specs > gtx 580 , Alienware monitor , I have already set it to Satavmode to AHCI , HPET to enabled. Is there some settings I need to change ?

Article: How to upgrade from BIOS to UEFI on Gigabyte's 6-series motherboards

I updated my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 bios F12 to UEFI Bios U1H and now I cannot install ML from Unitbeast, the screen turns black after the initial Apple logo installation. It looks like the system hangs and no video signal is coming through. Can someone please help ?
I cannot downgrade to F12 bios too,

These are my specs > gtx 580 , Alienware monitor , I have already set it to Satavmode to AHCI , HPET to enabled. Is there some settings I need to change ?

I have the same problem. I'm running gtx 560 and i7 2700k. Please help.

I updated my GA-Z68ma-d2h rev1.3. Everything went ok, but i found Apple Cinema Displays doesn't work with uefi. Appears a blue screen, that made me think my motherboard was dead, but was "just" a display problem.

Hello I try to update my bios to uefi but is imposible for me I try to do it 10 times with diferents metods but is imposible someone can help me i have GA-Z68XP-UD4

Article: How to upgrade from BIOS to UEFI on Gigabyte's 6-series motherboards

The only way you can do it is to use the supplied flash utility. You need to do this from a "DOS" bootable USB drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back