Contribute
Register

How to upgrade from BIOS to UEFI on Gigabyte's 6-series motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank for share!This is cool!

I just updated to the new UEFI on my Z68XP-UD3 and I have everything working except that for some reason it wont let me overclock my 2500k in the bios. I will set a value but it wont save that value it just stays at 3.3 ghz. Any ideas?

Thank you for this information!!

The UEFI-Update is working so great!

Sleep and waking up now works without any problems, the NIC Dead problem is gone, my internal start up SSD shows again like an internal drive (I lost this feature since I´ve updated to mountain lion) and the eject-button on my keyboard works again (lost since mountain lion update).

Geekbench result is the same, but the computer feels faster now, booting seems to speed up...

my board is: Z68MX-UD2H-B3, Rev. 1.3, Bios was F9 before updating to UEFI

Greetings from Peru
My computer: with UEFI BIOS U1g
INTEL Core i7 2600K; GA-Z68XP-UD4; 8GB DDR 1600; OCZ Vertex 4 120GB
VAPOR-X HD 5770 1GB GDDR5; Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe; D-Link DGE-528T PCI card; DVD-RW LG GH22NS50
Really I would like to successfully install OS X Lion, but for that, I need the help of experts to select the correct options with multibeast - Lion 4.6.1
Is it neccesary to select DSDT?
Thanks a lot.

Article: How to upgrade from BIOS to UEFI on Gigabyte's 6-series motherboards

I just updated to the new UEFI on my Z68XP-UD3 and I have everything working except that for some reason it wont let me overclock my 2500k in the bios. I will set a value but it wont save that value it just stays at 3.3 ghz. Any ideas?

Stupid me just figured how the whole problem was because i had cpu eist enabled in bios. Well now my system is vanilla

Greetings from Peru
My computer: with UEFI BIOS U1g
INTEL Core i7 2600K; GA-Z68XP-UD4; 8GB DDR 1600; OCZ Vertex 4 120GB
VAPOR-X HD 5770 1GB GDDR5; Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe; D-Link DGE-528T PCI card; DVD-RW LG GH22NS50
Really I would like to successfully install OS X Lion, but for that, I need the help of experts to select the correct options with multibeast - Lion 4.6.1
Is it neccesary to select DSDT?
Thanks a lot.

You select the user DSDT option, but you don't need a DSDT file if you're running UEFI. You will need to install an SSDT for that CPU though.

nice ! But i red just in the official Gigabyte Forum of unstability and buggy uEFI Bios on Z68X Bords (dvd drives arent anymore recogniced and so on). And the official way to flash back, is to send the board back to Gigabytes factory ^^ i wait for a stabile release of the bios :eek:)

(german)

I proceeded the update for my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.3) with i3570k with the actual "U1h(UEFI BIOS)" from Gigabyte. Works like a charm! No probs with CD/DVD... But: I lost approx. 4% of performance according to Geekbench... don't know, if it depends on the update.

THANKS AGAIN for that excellent guide!!!

I proceeded the update for my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.3) with i3570k with the actual "U1h(UEFI BIOS)" from Gigabyte. Works like a charm! No probs with CD/DVD... But: I lost approx. 4% of performance according to Geekbench... don't know, if it depends on the update.

THANKS AGAIN for that excellent guide!!!

Geekbench isn't the most accurate benchmark, it varies from run to run and 4% is nothing, had it been 10%+ then you need to start to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back