How to upgrade from BIOS to UEFI on Gigabyte's 6-series motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: How to upgrade from BIOS to UEFI on Gigabyte's 6-series motherboards

Heh, same here
fixed it by installing hdaenabler via multibeast

Thank YOU!

They're working on it, they have being doing it terms of sales volume and considering the cost of the UD7, it didn't exactly sell in huge volume, but I can understand you being a bit upset about it. I'm sure they'll get there, it just takes time to do these things.
Be aware that these are still Beta releases and not final versions, although at least in the case of the board I tested, there are no problems. You can have a look here as a secondary resource for Beta BIOS/UEFI releases http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html
FYI the UD5 hasn't been updated yet either so...

Thanks for the additional info & the link. Yeah, it was a bit pricey, but I wanted the on-board TI chipset for Firewire (vs. taking up a PCIe slot). Appreciate all your contributions here, thelostswede!! :clap:

In my case (GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev.1.3 U1H) you must disable EHCI hand-off in order for hibernation to work.
Yes, UEFI working from Snow Lep up. I did confirm it.
Any one having issues with PCIe Lane? Only getting 8x here. No USB3 Turbo option found in Bios.
It must be a bad coincidence but, after moving to UEFI my Led Cinema Display went dead... Backlight failure. Wonder if during boot bios chose a "killer" VESA Bios extension that stressed my monitor... Who knows? Now waiting 20 days for repair.

I think your monitor failing is completely unrelated and just a bad fluke.

Interesting thing about EHCI hand-off, I guess it's different on the Z68 boards. Back to doing more testing then :ugeek:

I personally need sleep for my system and so I switched back to the F10-Bios (Gigabyte tells you, that you can't switch back but that's not true :)) and now everything works perfect again :).

iBlack, how did you switch back? Can you tell me where the instructions are?
Many thanks

iBlack, how did you switch back? Can you tell me where the instructions are?
Many thanks

You've got to use DOS. Use the Flash utility that comes with the Rom. Don't forget to power cycle your computer (pull the cord, really). Then you're done... NOT! Then from F12 Bios Post choose qflash and select that same Rom again. This is important because you want to erase the backup rom too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back