Contribute
Register

How to upgrade from BIOS to UEFI on Gigabyte's 6-series motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost sound :( update went smoothly though. How can i fix this?

Other boards have UEFI in the BIOS section of the downloads. Guess they haven't released all of them yet... I'm in the same boat with my GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 :(

Article: How to upgrade from BIOS to UEFI on Gigabyte's 6-series motherboards

Sleep works just fine, at least for most people, so no need to install any additional kexts.

Actually sleep is the only thing that works not reliable, at least not for me on a Z68XP-UD3 mainboard. I used the UEFI-Bios for some weeks and during this time I used "sleep" every day, the problem is that from time to time sleep fails or better to wake up the system. I would say 7 times of 10 it works but when it fails you have to reboot the whole system to get everything working. The biggest problem was that the network card does not work when the system wakes up… I tried everything, new sleep cycle, unload/load the kext, but the network card was dead only a reboot restored the card.

With the F10 Bios and DSDT sleep works perfect, every single day. Of course if you don't need sleep UEFI is nice, you can remove the DSDT file and then you have to reinstall the audio drivers for systems without a DSDT (check Multibeast for the option) and that's it. With a k-CPU e.g. Core i7-2600k you still need the SSDT but that's not a problem.

I personally need sleep for my system and so I switched back to the F10-Bios (Gigabyte tells you, that you can't switch back but that's not true :), check http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168667 for more informations about how to downgrade from UEFI) and now everything works perfect again :).

My boot drive's set to UEFI and it works fine. I don't have EHCI hand-off enabled either?

Article: How to upgrade from BIOS to UEFI on Gigabyte's 6-series motherboards

Because Gigabyte fixed whatever the DSDT was needed for? Sleep works just fine, at least for most people, so no need to install any additional kexts.

will AICPM will work natively as well?

This is great!

Can't get over how great it is to get hackintosh related news in my rss reader.

Looking forward to the full UEFI guide! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back