Register

How to Update Your Gigabyte Motherboard's BIOS

Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Isn't your mobo revision 1.1 ?
;)

You are right actually. This is a surprise to me but true after triple check.
I ordered what says to be rev 1.0: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128846&_ga=1.252883983.727752906.1478311695

But I looked at the box that it was in and sure enough its rev 1.1.

However the underlying issue is still there, the exe cannot be extracted and I cannot re-flash using option 1 to attempt to resolve the boot issue as mention here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-D3H
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
Zotac Gtx970
Hey Guys,

I'm glad this Thread is still active. I have a problem with my Bios. I recently (ca. four months ago) updated my GA-Z87X-D3H from Bios Version F7 to F9. As I did some research, it seems that F9 can't run SLI, which is unfortunate, because now I got two graphic cards and can only use one. F7 should work for SLI (two years ago I had two Gtx660's working fine on the same Mobo). The only method I found to get back to F7 (since Q-Flash won't let me go to an older Bios version) is with Eliflash and the bootable USB-drive. Can someone confirm that this works for downgrading?

Any help is highly apprecciated. Cheers :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So how would you go about downgrading your bios then? I'm using the Gigabyte z87x-ud3h and for some reason, I ended up flashing it with 10b, but it made things really unstable. I've been trying to use the backup bios for a while and all the tips to reflash with f9 bios, but it just seems to loop, show the gigabyte splash with the f keys etc. when I flip the bios switch. Any advice would be appreciated

Motherboard
gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH (Clover)
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Am about to try option one. I have a gigabyte 100 series board and have noted the changes I need to make in Clover prior. Thanks for this guide. Very helpful. Total newbie at this and it seems I§ve gone right down the rabbit hole. Attempting to stop a whole lot of unnecessary boot options from happening. Apparently updating my BIOS to f20 should sort.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I'm trying to update from f7 to f9 and when I start the update from Q Flash I get an error that the "Flash Utility is Outdated, ask your vendor for an updated one" I got the f9 download here: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z87X-UD5H-rev-1x#support-dl
I extracted the zip with both Keka and the OSX default extrator and can see the files in Q Flash. Is there another flash utility somewhere? Maybe the F12 install method is better?