Contribute
Register

How to Update + Current and Past apfs.efi Downloads

Hi everybody,

Time is now to adopt a more efficient update method for apfs.efi driver.
The Tonymacx86 Clover builds install now by default the AptioMemoryFix.efi driver since 4506 version.
I've discovered a new method to use the apfs.efi at : https://github.com/acidanthera/ApfsSupportPkg.
Instead of putting the apfs.efi driver in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI but replacing it by the new ApfsDriverLoader.efi driver frees you to do a manual update every time apfs.efi changes.
You need a AptioMemoryFix.efi version R21+ that is available in the last clover bootloader 4542 at Sourceforge.net.

I've built from sources the AptioMemoryFix.efi R21 and join it here.

Attachments

• AptioInputFix.efi
    14.2 KB · Views: 349
  • AptioMemoryFix.efi
    32.8 KB · Views: 374
If I am updating OS updates via Mac App Store, do I still need to manually update apfs?
Yes, the update is for real Macs so it will not look for your CLOVER folder to update apfs.efi.

If so, do I do the OS update first and then copy or other way round?
You will probably find that either way works just fine.
If you do the update then grab the new apfs.efi from /usr/standalone/i386 and use it to replace the one in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI before restarting all should be ok.

Yes, the update is for real Macs so it will not look for your CLOVER folder to update apfs.efi.

You will probably find that either way works just fine.
If you do the update then grab the new apfs.efi from /usr/standalone/i386 and use it to replace the one in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI before restarting all should be ok.

Thanks!

Is there a major difference with updating the apfs vs not? I mean clearly my machine is working on the original one - but I have noticed some funny things happening of late. Maybe related....

Is there a major difference with updating the apfs vs not? I mean clearly my machine is working on the original one - but I have noticed some funny things happening of late. Maybe related....
Who knows ?
It is a fledgling file system so it is quite likely that improvements will be included as they become available.
But that is not to say that older versions will stop working - To me it makes sense to update - YMMV.

Hello, I was able to update to 10.13.15 without doing this. I installed everything via Clover since the beggining.

Do I still need to copy the apsf.efi from my /i386 folder into my clover folder even though everything seems to be working fine?

Thanks!

Do I still need to copy the apsf.efi from my /i386 folder into my clover folder even though everything seems to be working fine?
Obviously if everything is 'working fine' then you don't need to change anything.

Hi everybody,

The Tonymacx86 Clover builds install now by default the AptioMemoryFix.efi driver since 4506 version.
I've discovered a new method to use the apfs.efi at : https://github.com/acidanthera/ApfsSupportPkg.
Instead of putting the apfs.efi driver in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI but replacing it by the new ApfsDriverLoader.efi driver frees you to do a manual update every time apfs.efi changes.
You need a AptioMemoryFix.efi version R21+ that is available in the last clover bootloader 4542 at Sourceforge.net.

This is awesome, it eliminates the need to copy or patch and it's in the official Clover package since r4540. :)

Hi everybody,

This is absolutely great! Finally no more patching and using old driver because of slow loading. All problems solved now :thumbup:.

Back