Contribute
Register

How to Update + Current and Past apfs.efi Downloads

Hi everyone!

I read lots of messages of this topic, but I could not find the difference between the two attached files in the first topic:

Which one should I use? I am about to apply the latest April update in my current 10.13.14 hackintosh. Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I read lots of messages of this topic, but I could not find the difference between the two attached files in the first topic:

Which one should I use? I am about to apply the latest April update in my current 10.13.14 hackintosh. Thanks!
It is not really that critical i think - Both will probably work ok - YMMV

In step 2 and 3 you are locating the folder which contains the file apfs.efi and in step 4 you copy that file to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ which is located in the EFI partition.

Thank you P1LGRIM ! I understand these steps now, but I do not understand why do we need to download the apfs file from here . Do we have to copy this file somewhere?

Thanks,
Kind regards

Thank you P1LGRIM ! I understand these steps now, but I do not understand why do we need to download the apfs file from here .
You need this file in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ on your EFI partition if you intend to use APFS.

Do we have to copy this file somewhere?

Which part of the instructions don't you understand ?

1. Boot into macOS High Sierra
2. Choose Finder > Go > Go To Folder
3. Navigate to /usr/standalone/i386/
4. Copy apfs.efi to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

Where is /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

I'm looking at /usr/standalone/i386/ and now what? There's no Volumes folder.

How do I get to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ ?

Am I suppose to use EFI Mounter? I've tried mounting every disk, All I see is "EFI/APPLE/...."

+update+ Okay, after trying every disk again I found it.

Last edited:
You need this file in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ on your EFI partition if you intend to use APFS.

Which part of the instructions don't you understand ?

1. Boot into macOS High Sierra
2. Choose Finder > Go > Go To Folder
3. Navigate to /usr/standalone/i386/
4. Copy apfs.efi to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

I understand how to do the instructions ,this was never my problem. I do not understand which apfs.efi to copy to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ -
the apfs.efi from /usr/standalone/i386 or the one from this site ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Obviously you don't.
And obviously your job as moderator is to repeat/copy/paste the same thing again and again.Also helping people with questions is OBVIOUSLY not your forte.I do not see any reason why this forum needs you as moderator - you are just copying/pasting the same think from the first page.I think a simple algorithm will take your useless job pretty soon...

And obviously your job as moderator is to repeat/copy/paste the same thing again and again.Also helping people with questions is OBVIOUSLY not your forte.I do not see any reason why this forum needs you as moderator - you are just copying/pasting the same think from the first page.I think a simple algorithm will take your useless job pretty soon...

I understand how to do the instructions ,this was never my problem. I do not understand which apfs.efi to copy to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ -
the apfs.efi from /usr/standalone/i386 or the one from this site ?

The instructions consist of four very simple steps which sadly are beyond your comprehension.
None of them say to download anything, therefore if you follow the instructions the only apfs.efi that is available to be copied is the one that is in your /usr/standalone/i386 folder.

Shower the horse, I'm done.

Back