Contribute
Register

How to Update + Current and Past apfs.efi Downloads

Of course there is one drawback, booting is a bit slower.

I can live with a 1 second slower boot to save the hassle of forever having to manually update apfs.efi.

How does this impact BIOS (non UEFI) motherboards? Installing ‘Legacy’ Clover (from this site) does not put the ApfsDriverLoader file out there and the one on GitHub throws error messages when in place. I am assuming we still need the APFS.efi file or a loader - just not sure where to get it (loader vs copy of APFS.efi) from.

Last edited:
How does this impact BIOS (non UEFI) motherboards? Installing ‘Legacy’ Clover (from this site) does not put the ApfsDriverLoader file out there and the one on GitHub throws error messages when in place. I am assuming we still need the APFS.efi file or a loader - just not sure where to get it (loader vs copy of APFS.efi) from.

For Legacy builds I think this goes in the Drivers64 folder of clover? IF you also have Drivers64UEFI folder place it there too.

Attachments

• ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 244

Sorry, maybe not here. When creating a bootable flash drive, this error occurs. Please help with advice. Thank you bro

Many thanks, I will study and try).

Update from 10.13.1 to 10.13.6 worked good. Awesome! :headbang:

As we use it in Clover only to be able to read the apfs partition would it make a difference to keep using an old version? Or does it stay in memory and the old version would be active while working in macOS too?
Dafont Showbox Adam4adam

Last edited:
Back