Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

History:

I've been using my hack for a long time. It's all right, everything works fine. Use with a 5k monitor.

Last week I went to the Mac store to buy an imac for my friend. We chose imac 5k 2017 i5 with Radeon pro 560.

So, we bought it, came home, installed it and ... I'll see that the user interface just flies! Safari, the launchpad, size of the windows in safari change without lags and without any glitches. Everything flies on high FPS.

My hack not lagging, scores of benchmarks are absolutely normal for my setup. But UI not so smooth as I see on original imac

Macos 10.13.4
CPU: Xeon E5-2683v3 14-core
RAM: 32GB 2666 ddr4
MB: Gigabyte x99-ud4 rev.1.1 f22
Latest Clover

I go home and try this:
Flash my rx580 with PBE to set the default clock, for example, 1000 MHz, but it just does not matter at all in the macos
Enable and disable AGPM, trying to change the values in SSDT, which change in IOREG, but nothing in the user interface
PowerPlay values - nothing
other SMBIOS

Can I see my GPU clock in real time in macos ???

And can we choose higher clock frequencies and power states of the Radeon graphics processor?

Thanks

OpenGL Driver Monitor has some metrics that can be added to the monitoring to show GPU clock (under high sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back