Contribute
Register

how to uninstall clover from a real Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
DescartesB4TheHorse
Don't reboot yet. It may be a one way trip. So I take it that you updated using "Clover Bootloader"?
Can you look in the root of your C drive and look if there is a subdirectory that was made by Clover by the name of "EFI backup"? A copy of the files you seek are in there. They have a timestamp of when you ran the program.
If the answer is yes, then run "Clover Configurator" and mount your now empty EFI. Copy the files in.
That’s a good idea. I’ll give this a shot later this morning and let you know how it goes.

Looks like I got to this sooner than I thought I would. It's there, and it's beautiful!

Thanks so much for all the help, you are all saints.

Edit: fwiw, these files appear to be identical to what I found on my wife's computer (but different from what's on my iMac). Still better to take the original files, but according to some quick searches, the 2015 and 2017 MacBook Air is essentially the same computer with slight tweaks, so I guess it's possible it would've worked. Since an EFI back-up was created there's no reason to risk it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 8.46.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 8.46.05 AM.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Go to top tool bar and select Finder then go to Preferences and then click on the Hard Disk option box. Now all your connected drives will show on your desktop.

If it is running, use EFIMounter to mount the EFI. The EFi folder should now appear on the desktop. Open the EFi folder and remove to trash the boot and Clover folders see all blue highlighted below in pic. Leave your Apple folder. If its not running then you can remove drive and do it with a Hackintosh or other Mac, just be sure to select the right drive before removing.

View attachment 376151

You guys rock!
I am not new to hacking, but never ever have I manually updated Clover. Always have just updated the system or a fresh install when nececssary.
This is how I screwed up my MacBook Pro and installed Clover by accident. Was fiddeling with my latest Hack and it was late in the night ;-)
So when I rebooted and, I don´t know why, used the alt-key during start up and saw clover coming up I panicked quite a bit. Just wasn´t sure how it would affect my real Mac. Googled a bit, searched tonymacx86 and panicked even more :) It had booted up quite nicely, but when I had started CloverConfigurator and read the config.plist to have a look what it said and out of curiosity, my system was something completely different.... I feared to have bricked my MacBook once it did another reboot.

As I read this thread an your recommendation to just remove the Clover and Boot folders I just did so and crossed my fingers while reboot.
Now everything is back to normal!

So I recommend everyone to be super careful with Clover on a real Mac, always have a clone on an external hdd so nothing gets lost, and in case of emergency consult this fine community for help if anything DOES go wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back