Contribute
Register

how to uninstall clover from a real Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, coincidentally I am facing a similar thing, except my EFI volume looks slightly different; I have a Microsoft folder as well. Do I leave that in place along with APPLE (perhaps it is the BOOTCAMP partition)?

I mistakenly installed Clover_v2.5k_r5103.pkg on my Macbook running 10.14, and have not rebooted yet.

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 9.21.02 PM.png

Hi Guys, coincidentally I am facing a similar thing, except my EFI volume looks slightly different; I have a Microsoft folder as well. Do I leave that in place along with APPLE (perhaps it is the BOOTCAMP partition)?

I mistakenly installed Clover_v2.5k_r5103.pkg on my Macbook running 10.14, and have not rebooted yet.

View attachment 461795

Remove:
Boot
Boot 64.efi
Clover
Clover64.efi

you installed windows back in 2018 right?

Careful, that Microsoft stuff is a virus that makes your machine start to not work...
Whatever drove you to put Windows on a Mac? Yikes...

LOL, I know the feeling, I've been there. Its ironic, with Hackintosh I'm used to crashing and burning , but with real Macs it gets scary. You can make a copy of your EFi file and store it on a USB, or get a spare SSD and install OS X with an EFI Partition as a bootable backup. It eases the tension if anything goes wrong, at least you have a backup drive for emergency.

lol apparently I’m not the only one killing time in lock-down by learning how to hackintosh..!

(Macintosh HD as the default install location is dangerous)

Does it need to be a backup from your specific computer, or can it be from another? I was thinking about copying my wife’s efi partition.

She has a 2015 macbook air, mine is 2017. I’m updating her computer to the most recent version of catalina so that our operating systems are the same, just in case.

I don’t recall seeing any apple files when i deleted my efi partition contents, but now I wonder if I panicked when I realized what I’d done. At the moment my partition is completely empty.

lol apparently I’m not the only one killing time in lock-down by learning how to hackintosh..!

(Macintosh HD as the default install location is dangerous)

Does it need to be a backup from your specific computer, or can it be from another? I was thinking about copying my wife’s efi partition.

She has a 2015 macbook air, mine is 2017. I’m updating her computer to the most recent version of catalina so that our operating systems are the same, just in case.

I don’t recall seeing any apple files when i deleted my efi partition contents, but now I wonder if I panicked when I realized what I’d done. At the moment my partition is completely empty.
Did you look in the trash Tab?

Ship's sailed on that. I'm pretty obsessive about emptying the trash. Could try data recovery, but that's a crapshoot. Do you think copying my wife's EFI won't work, or just think it's better not to take the risk if I don't have to?

Ship's sailed on that. I'm pretty obsessive about emptying the trash. Could try data recovery, but that's a crapshoot. Do you think copying my wife's EFI won't work, or just think it's better not to take the risk if I don't have to?
They are close in terms of years. If you do a software version update it will reflash a new one. It may not even be necessary to have one if the bios is flashed into the cmos.
You should check into a real Mac forum to see if it’s been covered before.

DescartesB4TheHorse
Don't reboot yet. It may be a one way trip. So I take it that you updated using "Clover Bootloader"?
Can you look in the root of your C drive and look if there is a subdirectory that was made by Clover by the name of "EFI backup"? A copy of the files you seek are in there. They have a timestamp of when you ran the program.
If the answer is yes, then run "Clover Configurator" and mount your now empty EFI. Copy the files in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back