i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
how to uninstall clover?

I have been converting a pc to hackintosh, and, after leaving my Mac (its shared) alone for a day, I've only come back to find someone has managed to install the clover boot loader on it (on the real Mac). is there any 'uninstaller'(?), or files I can delete(?), some way to rebuilt the efi partition(? etc) so that my Mac is still the legitimate Mac its always been ?? its not been rebooted since the installation, at least not that I'm aware of.

my Mac is pretty old, and besides the updates, its never been reinstalled or modified in anyway... I was hoping to keep it that way .. ?

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Go to top tool bar and select Finder then go to Preferences and then click on the Hard Disk option box. Now all your connected drives will show on your desktop.

If it is running, use EFIMounter to mount the EFI. The EFi folder should now appear on the desktop. Open the EFi folder and remove to trash the boot and Clover folders see all blue highlighted below in pic. Leave your Apple folder. If its not running then you can remove drive and do it with a Hackintosh or other Mac, just be sure to select the right drive before removing.

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 11.37.20 AM.png

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth z77
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Just to say thanks; I removed the files from the efi folder as suggested and then reboot the Mac. The clover screen didn't appear and the machine appears to be running as it was before.