CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello people, i come to you because this Monday 8th is the new keynote for Apple and 10.11 will be announced. So for this jump to Yosemite to the new os X, i want to change my bootloader Clover and go to Chimera. For information actually with Clover:
- Audio works but i have some problem every 40 minutes, the sound don't work during 10 seconds and come back to the normal after.
- Internet work but after 40 minutes of utilisation internet don't work during 5 minutes and come back to the normal after.
- Sleep no problem.
- iMessage, FaceTime, iCloud, no problem everything work find.
- Double boot with Windows 8.1 UEFI

I hope, that i can uninstall Clover totally without make a new clean install of os X.
Thank you.

Ok imagine that tonymacx86 update every application for the new os x, me i update to the new os x with clover, after the update, i have just to use Multibeast, use good options and delete the folder "Clover" in EFI ?

And for information my ssd with clover is GUID.

If Clover is installed in EFI, just delete the Clover-folder.

But you dont need to. Just install Chimera to MBR and boot MBR. Leave the Clover folder intact.

Ok imagine that tonymacx86 update every application for the new os x, me i update to the new os x with clover, after the update, i have just to use Multibeast, use good options and delete the folder "Clover" in EFI ?

Hello people, i come to you because this Monday 8th is the new keynote for Apple and 10.11 will be announced. So for this jump to Yosemite to the new os X, i want to change my bootloader Clover and go to Chimera. For information actually with Clover:
- Audio works but i have some problem every 40 minutes, the sound don't work during 10 seconds and come back to the normal after.
- Internet work but after 40 minutes of utilisation internet don't work during 5 minutes and come back to the normal after.
- Sleep no problem.
- iMessage, FaceTime, iCloud, no problem everything work find.
- Double boot with Windows 8.1 UEFI

I hope, that i can uninstall Clover totally without make a new clean install of os X.
Thank you.

Well this is interesting. Your 40 minute problem is not a bootloader problem. It just does not work that way.

And depending upon how you have your system configured, if you go changing the boot scheme you may not be able to get into Windows.

You should insure that you have everything backed up and a bootable recovery path that is off line before making changes to your system.

Then you can remove Clover, see this as one method: http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/163642-simple-way-remove-clover-go-back-chimera.html

However you need to have MultiBeast loaded and you need to install a bootable Chimera before attempting a reboot. Again do not do this if you do not have a recovery path.

Good modding,
neil

You can run MultiBeast with required options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back