Contribute
Register

How to type "=" "equal sign" at the Boot Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Strix Z270H Gaming
CPU
i5
Graphics
Geforce GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Guys

Trying to update to mavericks and I can´t get to the USB installation, so I wanted to try to type GraphicsEnabler= < but I can´t find the equals sign. I´ve tried ALL keys on my keyboard with and without the shift.

I get everything else but just not the "=":

My system is:
GA-Z77X-UP4 TH with i5 2500K
BIOS set to: English I´ve also tried German with no luck.

Keyboard: (Wired) Swedish Original Apple Keyboard

I thought i might be the keyword so i bought a new one, just a 15$ cheap one and no luck with that one either.

Any suggestions?

The = sign is usually done by pressing the key that has a + sign on it. On an apple macbook pro keyboard it is just to the left of the delete button. In other words the = sign shares the + sign on the same key. Before you are able to type you must hit the down arrow when the choice for hard disk come up. This will then bring up the area to type the = sign. I hope i did not confuse you more.

Hey,

Thanks for trying to help.

Everything you said makes perfect sense.

I know about hitting the down arrow to get the menu, then pressing space to get the command line.

So pressing the "0" or using "Space + 0" gives me 0 or, under score. Then there is the plus and question mark, If i press it i get "-" or "_" underscore.

So out of frustration, I started to use a combination of all key´s with the 3 buttons.

And finally got that F16 and the key next to backspace worked for me. I finally got the equal sign.

Hurray!! :)

I wrote the above so that if someone else looks for the solution they might find this info useful.

Regards

I created a account solely because I wanted to share my solution to this problem since this thread is the only relevant one I was able to find on Google.

I was able to write the equal sign "=" on a Swedish keyboard (Alienware/Dell) by using ALT GR + ` ´ (it's the button directly to the left of backspace and the one after the original + key).

I hope this helps someone or at least myself again in the future, cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back