Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2H
CPU
i5-3330
Graphics
RX 480
Was using my CoolerMaster Devastator II keyboard with backlit off until found this solution, called "SetLEDs for Mac OS X", developed by Damien Guard.

Here are the steps you should take to have scroll led on for all users when they make login:
  1. Download the latest version binary on https://github.com/damieng/setledsmac/releases/ and extract it.
    The name of the file to be downloaded should be like "setleds-vX.X-binary.zip", where X.X is the file version.
  2. Open Finder and create the /Library/Keyboard Backlit/ directory and copy the binary "setleds" to it.
  3. Download the zip file at the end of this post and extract it.
  4. Copy KeyboardBacklit.sh to /Library/Keyboard Backlit/.
  5. Copy com.keyboardbacklit.init.plist to /Library/LaunchAgents/.
  6. Open the terminal and run:
    sudo chown root /Library/LaunchAgents/com.keyboardbacklit.init.plist
    sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Keyboard\ Backlit/
    sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/com.keyboardbacklit.init.plist
  7. Your backlit is finally working! The backlit will light up after every login
Comments
  • Did not find compatibility information, but believe it should work on any version of Mac or at least 10.10 and forward.
    Was tested on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 with this steps.
    Still working on macOS Mojave 10.14.
  • The backlit survives between sleep and wake! It turns off in sleep and turns on when wake. Don't worry about this.
  • "SetLEDs for Mac OS X" can turn on not only Scroll Lock, but also Num Lock and Caps Lock. For this just replace +scroll for +num or +caps on third line of KeyboardBacklit.sh, included in the file attached at the end of this post.
Thanks to Damien Guard for developing this amazing solution!

Before

After

CoolerMaster Devastator II keyboard with backlit on in macOS Sierra 10.12.6

SetLEDs for Mac OS X output on terminal

Attachments

• Keyboard Backlit Files.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 1,517
Last edited:
i had followed all the steps and it said the services has been loaded at the end. However, nothing seems to happen and the scroll lock is still no working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back