speedstep isnt working.
youre stuck at 3.5ghz

what multibeast options did you use?

I selected these options in MultiBeast:
Screen%20Shot%202012-11-14%20at%208.06.27%20PM.png

:|

i see your problem, you used easybeast.
we shall continue this in your other thread

Im seeying PStratedRached: 8 11 14 17 20 21 does thism ean its ok/?

Im seeying PStratedRached: 8 11 14 17 20 21 does thism ean its ok/?

It does. If you have a 2GHz CPU with one turbo frequency of 2.1GHz. Did T6400 have turbo? Either way, you are fine.

Hey Guys, Im running Mountain Lion on a laptop with first gen i7 720QM, 1,6Ghz turbo to 2,8

Is this Kext also working for the first gen i7's since my console output stays on the following 2 lines:
18-08-13 17:44:18,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(0)
18-08-13 17:44:18,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached:

while it did open with:
18-08-13 17:43:47,000 kernel[0]: CoreCount: 4

18-08-13 17:43:47,000 kernel[0]: ThreadCount: 8

18-08-13 17:43:47,000 kernel[0]: 0xE2: 0x402

can someone help me?

Thnx in advance

I think it is only for Sandy Bridge and newer.

There is an odd discrepancy.

I get, with MSRDumper, 16 22 25 33 34 36 even though I saw, with hardware monitor on menubar and its window open, that the multiplier stayed at 35 for extended periods, visiting 36 now and then, and still it did not appear into MSRDumper's output.

I verified that the hardware monitor shows all 33, 34, 35 and 36.

This is an Ivy Bridge Xeon, so maybe I'm a bit off topic, but I think one should be careful if these agree 95% and not 100%.

There is an odd discrepancy.

I get, with MSRDumper, 16 22 25 33 34 36 even though I saw, with hardware monitor on menubar and its window open, that the multiplier stayed at 35 for extended periods, visiting 36 now and then, and still it did not appear into MSRDumper's output.

I verified that the hardware monitor shows all 33, 34, 35 and 36.

This is an Ivy Bridge Xeon, so maybe I'm a bit off topic, but I think one should be careful if these agree 95% and not 100%.

They may not be the same as they might use different techniques to get the information (may be reading different registers). In addition, they are each taking a sample at a different time, so while one may "see" a certain state the other may not. Finally, HwMonitor does not update its status very often (every 2 sec?) so while it may show a certain number for "extended periods" it may not be showing the actual value of the register.

Hi!

It works for Nehalem/Westmere?

Cheers!

Hi macman,

I may need your help..

1: Ive downloaded the MSRDumper.kext.zip file and left it into the download map.

2: I open terminal and copy paste: sudo chown -R 0:0 MSRDumper.kext
and it says: chown: MSRDumper.kext: No such file or directory

If i Drag the Kext file to the terminal and press enter it says:Last login: Wed Sep 19 13:45:10 on ttys000
TreyDayzs-iMac:~ TreyDayz$ /Users/TreyDayz/Desktop/MSRDumper.kext
-bash: /Users/TreyDayz/Desktop/MSRDumper.kext: is a directory
TreyDayzs-iMac:~ TreyDayz$

after that I'm trying to use the MSRDumper.kext again, and again it says: chown: MSRDumper.kext: No such file or directory

when I drag the next file to the terminal and press enter afterwards it says: -bash: /Users/TreyDayz/Desktop/MSRDumper.kext: is a directory
TreyDayzs-iMac:~ TreyDayz$ sudo kextload MSRDumper.kext

As I proceed trying the: sudo kextload MSRDumper.kext it says this:/Users/TreyDayz/MSRDumper.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
TreyDayzs-iMac:~ TreyDayz$

Hopefully you can help me out, and hopefully you'll still read this post since its been a few month ago the post started.

Thanks in advance!!

TreyDayz

Hi you.
My English is not good, i hope you will understand. hihi.

1. You extract file zip, and copy file kext o Desktop.
2. Open Terminal.
3. Type: cd ~/Desktop
4. Type: sudo chown -R 0:0 MSRDumper.kext
5. Type cont: sudo kextload MSRDumper.kext
Cap 2.png
6. Open Console.
Cap 1.png

Good luck.

Back