Contribute
Register

How to tell Multibeast where EFI folder is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 760
Hi,

I have been having Clover setup problems on my new install of Sierra, but have narrowed down my issue I think with the fact that after I installed Sierra, then ran Multibeast something has gotten confused. Multibeast now tries to update/create an EFI folder on the root of my boot drive instead of the EFI folder on the EFI partition.

What would be telling Multibeast where to look for the EFI folder??

Thanks!!!

Hi,

I have been having Clover setup problems on my new install of Sierra, but have narrowed down my issue I think with the fact that after I installed Sierra, then ran Multibeast something has gotten confused. Multibeast now tries to update/create an EFI folder on the root of my boot drive instead of the EFI folder on the EFI partition.

What would be telling Multibeast where to look for the EFI folder??

Thanks!!!
Either you do not have an EFI partition on the drive or you delected Legacy Mode for Clover installation.
Try mount EFI partition, then run MB.

Either you do not have an EFI partition on the drive or you delected Legacy Mode for Clover installation.
Try mount EFI partition, then run MB.

It's very strange, if I don't mount the EFI partition then running the UEFI Boot Mode option in Multibeast creates the EFI folder on my drive, and choosing the Audio driver option I need just always fails.
When I mount the EFI partition, running the UEFI Boot Mode option still creates a EFI folder on my drive, but choosing the Audio driver option works and actually got my sound working!
So I'm still confused what is telling Multibeast to install to my drive instead of the partition...

It's very strange, if I don't mount the EFI partition then running the UEFI Boot Mode option in Multibeast creates the EFI folder on my drive, and choosing the Audio driver option I need just always fails.
When I mount the EFI partition, running the UEFI Boot Mode option still creates a EFI folder on my drive, but choosing the Audio driver option works and actually got my sound working!
So I'm still confused what is telling Multibeast to install to my drive instead of the partition...
Is the BIOS on your Z68 board UEFI capable? Did you upgrade the BIOS so it is UEFI capable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back