CPU
i7-8850H/C240
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1050Ti, 3840x2160
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, followed the guide for patching and disabling my dGPU and at first it seemed like the ThinkPad X1 Extreme that I used was running a lot quieter as far as fan noise. However, now I'm just downloading a bunch of sample libraries (Native Instruments, Toontracks, etc), and the fans are running pretty loud, so wondering if the dGPU disable didn't take.

How can I verify that it did?

Not seeing any mention of the GTX 1050 Ti Max-q in "About this Mac" or "System Report". Would love to get this thing as quiet as the Windows side where you only ever hear the fans when you are playing a game.

Attachments

• debug_8870.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 42
Not seeing any mention of the GTX 1050 Ti Max-q in "About this Mac" or "System Report".
No nVidia device under "Graphics" indicates disabled dGPU.
To further confirm it, I looked for devices under PEG0/IOPP in IOReg and found nothing. That means you've successfully disabled dGPU. Congrats.
As for odd fan behaviors, I have no idea. Perhaps wait and see if it's always acting strangely?

BTW your USB configuration is wrong. Built-in ports should have UsbConnector values set to 255.

Last edited:
No nVidia device under "Graphics" indicates disabled dGPU.
To further confirm it, I looked for devices under PEG0/IOPP in IOReg and found nothing. That means you've successfully disabled dGPU. Congrats.
As for odd fan behaviors, I have no idea. Perhaps wait and see if it's always acting strangely?

BTW your USB configuration is wrong. Built-in ports should have UsbConnector values set to 255.

Cool thanks for confirming. As far as UsbConnector, what kind of behavior should I be expecting if they are set wrong? They seem to work so haven't really changed anything.

As far as UsbConnector, what kind of behavior should I be expecting if they are set wrong? They seem to work so haven't really changed anything.
IDK. It might cause peculiar problems in the future. After all, it's wise to follow the ACPI specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back