Contribute
Register

How to tell if my graphics card is fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270N-Wifi
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So recently I booted up my machine only to find it freezing on the gray screen with the apple logo (boot screen). I booted in verbose and was about to post the picture in the forum asking for help. I then realized while the computer was booting and still in bios that when the gigabyte logo came up there were white dots in a pattern all over it. I tried swaping hard drives with a backup SL OS and got the same results at the Apple boot screen. A bit perplexed, I decided to wipe this drive and install Windows. When the Windows disc loaded I had the same dot pattern but also the colors on the screen are blotchy and looks like something out of an old computer. That's the best way I can put it. Is this a symptom of a card going out or could it be something else?

Consider it a great opportunity to buy a new video card. :thumbup:

powerpcg5 said:
Consider it a great opportunity to buy a new video card. :thumbup:

haha...thanks. What's a good, low-end video card that works well with lion?

GT240 works great.

Maybe other people can chime in if Zotac GT210 is good or not.

I'm just recommending to you stuff I have personal experience with and own, that I know works 100%.
Geforce GT240... worked OOB since 10.6.3 all the way to 10.7.2

I just got my card in today. That done the trick and I'm back up and running. Thanks. Cards working great and is recognized correctly without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back