Intel Cote i5 2.7 MHz
Graphics
Radeon 4570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I am total novice in Hackintosh build. I need an advice.
I am using iMAC 12.2 (Mid 2011) with High Sierra (10.13.6) and because of HW I am not able to upgrade to higher versions of Mac OS.
So, I have decided to try Hackintosh approach.

I guess, I need to download High Sierra Mac OS on a bootable USB drive, so once I install it on the new PC compatible for Mac OS, I will be able to upgrade to Catalina OS.

Now, what HW configuration you recommend. I have budget up to 1200 EUR.
I understand that Gigabyte motherboards work fine with Intel CPUs and AMD GPU.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Milan

Suggest you look at the Buyer's Guide. This has hardware that is compatible with High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina. If you have never built a PC before, there are guides available on many websites to walk you through the process of putting your parts together. Try pricing out the recommended builds in the Buyer's Guide and see if any of them meet your budget. Once you have all of your parts assembled, you can follow the Installation Guide to install Catalina.

I guess, I need to download High Sierra Mac OS on a bootable USB drive, so once I install it on the new PC compatible for Mac OS, I will be able to upgrade to Catalina OS.
We now support a method where you are able to download Catalina from Apple's servers even though your iMac is technically not able to do that.

This way you can still buy the latest hardware even if High Sierra cannot be installed on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back