Contribute
Register

How to sleep and make cpupowermanagement work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clearing that up! forget about the TNOT error at the moment (im guessing just searching for TNOT will show me?)

You can see the redundant declarations of TNOT in your first screen shot.
Code:
External(TNOT, MethodObj)
External(\TNOT)

Get rid of the second one and the error should go away...

but heres a photo of finding processors.. i see there's 8?

View attachment 58899

Yes, and they are in Scope (_PR) just like they are supposed to be (and with correct names: CPUx). So you can continue on with your quest for power management, as the DSDT has the Processor declarations in the right scope as expected by OS X...

You can see the redundant declarations of TNOT in your first screen shot.
Code:
External(TNOT, MethodObj)
External(\TNOT)

Get rid of the second one and the error should go away...

Yes, and they are in Scope (_PR) just like they are supposed to be (and with correct names: CPUx). So you can continue on with your quest for power management, as the DSDT has the Processor declarations in the right scope as expected by OS X...

Okay thanks! so does this mean my DSDT is good to patch? Also does DSDT contain SDST or is that a different file all together? because SDST is where i would need to patch my cpu's to get them turboboosting?

Okay thanks! so does this mean my DSDT is good to patch?

Yes. You can apply patches as necessary.

Also does DSDT contain SDST or is that a different file all together? because SDST is where i would need to patch my cpu's to get them turboboosting?

It is SSDT. And it is a separate file. Please see my first response for links to SSDT generation information.

Yes. You can apply patches as necessary.

Brilliant, just to finally clear this up.. If i do start patching my DSDT will it affect any of my other custom kexts or the plists in the extra folder?

It is SSDT. And it is a separate file. Please see my first response for links to SSDT generation information.

I have tried the method using ssdtPRgen.. but it creates the files and im a bit lost, will read again!

Brilliant, just to finally clear this up.. If i do start patching my DSDT will it affect any of my other custom kexts or the plists in the extra folder?

It is separate file /Extra/dsdt.aml. Often times, with a properly adjusted DSDT you don't need as many special kext/kext patches.

I have tried the method using ssdtPRgen.. but it creates the files and im a bit lost, will read again!

You can also use the ProBook Installer v6.1. It has an SSDT generator based on the same script (a single checkbox).

It is separate file /Extra/dsdt.aml. Often times, with a properly adjusted DSDT you don't need as many special kext/kext patches.

You can also use the ProBook Installer v6.1. It has an SSDT generator based on the same script (a single checkbox).

Okay so I have a SSDT.aml and a DSDT.aml in my extra folder, all working.. i think SSDT is enabling speedstepping as my hardware monitor shows different multipliers..

what can you do with SSDT? edit to oc, and a bigger turboboost?

Okay so I have a SSDT.aml and a DSDT.aml in my extra folder, all working.. i think SSDT is enabling speedstepping as my hardware monitor shows different multipliers..

Sounds like it.

what can you do with SSDT? edit to oc, and a bigger turboboost?

No. Generally, laptop CPUs don't support overclock.

Sounds like it.

No. Generally, laptop CPUs don't support overclock.

okay well on the HW monitor it shows around 3 or 4 different P states, but it never goes to 3.1ghz, only 2.8ghz? is that alright?

thanks man, you've been a real help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back