Contribute
Register

How to set up clover to autobot to os x partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z87X-UD5H 3T Fusion Drive 3T/128SSD
CPU
i7
Graphics
GeForce760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,
I just made the switch to clover, and at the boot screen its giving me the option to boot into Mac Os X from macintosh HD or boot into Recovery partition from macintosh HD.
Is there anyway to get it to just boot into Mac OS X without me having to hit enter at the boot screen every time? I also have a Fusion Drive SSD and HD
Thanks.

To automatically boot OS X drive from Clover you have two options:

1. Manually set up parameters in config.plist
http://cl.ly/image/0S2v1w241V3r
Create string parameter "DefaultVolume" under Boot section and write drive name that you want to boot automatically
also you can change boot timeout, i set it for 2 seconds
And if you want you can set Fast Boot, with this parameter set to YES you won't see Clover menu at all, but if you would have problems with your system you wont be able to get to Clover menu for setting safe or verbose mode.

2. Use native OS X NVRAM with Startup Disk.
For native NVRAM like on real mac, you need to use UEFI-Capable System and Install Clover for UEFI Boot.
After you need to be sure that all SMBIOS parameters are correct. Then you can delete EmuVariableUefi-64.efi driver from EFI partition and set startup disk in System Preferences.
There is possibility with this method that you can block AppleID from Logging in iMassages and Face Time. It can be fixed calling Apple Support (you need real mac serial number before calling!). In any case i think that native NVRAM method is better.

Thanks for the reply.
Im very new to clover, just migrated from chimera last night.
I installed clover with UEFI so thats all set up.
I also configured all the RT Variables and SMBIOS, and had the iMessage contact code thing which i called apple about and got fixed.
in the boot settings for config.plist i put in the Volume UUID for the logical drive of the fusion drive, with defaultLoader empty, and Legacy set to PBR (in Clover Configurator) My Drive is named Macintosh HD.
I would still like to see the clover boot screen for verbose use, etc. but auto set to boot the drive in 2 seconds, because right now i have to manually hit enter to boot between that and the restore partition.

So, I read your reply but Im still new to this so I'm a little lost. Can you give more details or a step by step for me? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.
Im very new to clover, just migrated from chimera last night.
I installed clover with UEFI so thats all set up.
I also configured all the RT Variables and SMBIOS, and had the iMessage contact code thing which i called apple about and got fixed.
in the boot settings for config.plist i put in the Volume UUID for the logical drive of the fusion drive, with defaultLoader empty, and Legacy set to PBR (in Clover Configurator) My Drive is named Macintosh HD.
I would still like to see the clover boot screen for verbose use, etc. but auto set to boot the drive in 2 seconds, because right now i have to manually hit enter to boot between that and the restore partition.

So, I read your reply but Im still new to this so I'm a little lost. Can you give more details or a step by step for me? Thanks.
Hmmm.... fusion drive, never used it :)
Can you see drive name (Macintosh HD) in Clover boot menu? If yes, then you can use boot drive name.
And try not to use Clover Configurator. That App have more bugs then anthill :)
Download Xcode it will help editing config.plist

The fusion drive is awesome. You should check it out.
At the clover boot screen I have two options listed below:

Boot Mac OS X from Macintosh HD
Boot Recovery from Macintosh HD

So I guess I should just try to put in "Macintosh HD"?
Ill give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back