Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580 + HD4600
Probably a dumb question, but I searched the entire site and haven't found an answer yet.
The story goes like this: I have installed Mojave using Clover UEFI. Everything works fine except FCPX render (green artifacts issue). If I disable the iGPU FCPX works fine too, I get 35sec in Bruce X. But everybody says that the iGPU should be enabled in order to unlock full FCPX potential. So I searched and found Pastrychef's recommendation for a similar build: set ig-platform-id=04120004. This has helped other members to solve the same problem. But... how do I set the ig-platform-id?

Attachments

• config copy.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 532
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 18.48.22.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 18.48.22.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 4,110
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 23.30.10.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 23.30.10.png
    39 KB · Views: 3,264
you can edit almost anything related to the config.plist using CLover Configurator

https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/clover-configurator.335/

make sure that you download latest build and that you use it with latest Clover build

Also, look into the Graphics pinned threads... everything you need is there, really
use the search tool, use google with keywords, that how I solved my own issue, using right keywords

Before posting post#1 I looked my config.plist for the ig-platform-id and couldn't find it. So I thought it's somewhere else.
After comparing it to other config.plist posted in the forum I realized that I actually had to add the ig-platform-id. Thank you for your reply.

The story goes like this: I have installed Mojave using Clover UEFI. Everything works fine except FCPX render (green artifacts issue). If I disable the iGPU FCPX works fine too, I get 35sec in Bruce X. But everybody says that the iGPU should be enabled in order to unlock full FCPX potential. So I searched and found Pastrychef's recommendation for a similar build: set ig-platform-id=04120004. This has helped other members to solve the same problem. But... how do I set the ig-platform-id?

@nkoun,

When running Mojave it is recommended to use WhatEverGreen to configure the IGPU. I have a very similar system spec to yours in my White Knight system (specs in my sig).

I use FCPX with no issues at all (its the primary use of that system)

Recommend the following configuration :-
  • SMBIOS iMac15,1
  • IGPU enabled in BIOS,
  • dGPU set as Primary Display Adapter
  • Configure IGPU as Headless :-
  • Set "AAPL,ig-platform-id" to use PlatformID 0x0x0412000B by using 0B001204 as Device Property
  • Set "device-id" to use 12040000 as Device Property
Both the above Device Properties should be assigned against the Device PCI key PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
All the information you need is detailed in the Lilu + Plug-in's guide.

I've added the Device Properties to your example copy.plist (attached) :-

Screenshot 2019-01-29 at 13.45.05.png

Code for Devices section of your config.plist

Code:
<key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                CwASBA==
                </data>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                EgQAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>

All you need to do is install the latest version of Lilu + WhatEverGreen in /L/E using the Install Method detailed in the
Lilu + Plug-in's guide and add the above changes to your config.plist, be sure to uncheck Inject Intel, as stated in the guide you need to remove all IGPU related flags from the Devices & Graphics sections of your config.plist.

If you want to understand more read the Headless PlatformID's section of the guide, although I recommend reading the Introduction if you have not used Lilu before, and the whole of the WhatEverGreen Chapter.

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• Edited copy.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:
Clover configurator adds and removes properties according to your selections
add an input in a field, the field pops into your config.plist

@jaymonkey,

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help! Not only I managed to solve the problem, but I’m also starting to understand what’s going on. I followed your instructions and checked with IORegistryExplorer: HD4600 is alive and kicking.

Everything seems to be working fine. Only weird thing is that my GPU is being recognised as HD8950, although it’s actually HD7950. Before implementing the fix it was recognised as 7xxxx. Whatevergreen’s fault I guess?

Do I need to change internal graphics memory size or DVMT memory size? Current values are the default 64M and MAX accordingly.

Only thing I didn’t do was the SMBIOS change from 14,2 to 15,1. It’s the next thing I’ll go for. But that's pretty simple.

Thank you all for your help, guys.

Last edited:
Do I need to change internal graphics memory size or DVMT memory size? Current values are the default 64M and MAX accordingly.

@nkoun,

Glad the guide helped you and your up and running in Headless mode, no need to modify any IGPU memory values when its configured as 'Headless' as MacOS is only using the IGPU to execute specific features and instructions such as IQS, OpenCL,GL .. etc

Only weird thing is that my GPU is being recognised as HD8950, although it’s actually HD7950. Before implementing the fix it was recognised as 7xxxx. Whatevergreen’s fault I guess?

Most likely WhatEverGreen just doing its thing, with AMD GPU's WEG tends to use Generically named Frame buffers.

Only thing I didn’t do was the SMBIOS change from 14,2 to 15,1. It’s the next thing I’ll go for. But that's pretty simple

The SMBIOS dictates which features and instruction sets MacOS will use with you CPU, iMac14,X is for Ivy Bridge CPU's where as iMac15,X is for Haswell CPU's. It's always recommended to match the SMBIOS you use based on the CPU Generation all other aspects are secondary considerations (such as GPU .. etc)

Cheers
Jay

Updated to iMac15,1 System definition, everything's working fine!

@nkoun,

When running Mojave it is recommended to use WhatEverGreen to configure the IGPU. I have a very similar system spec to yours in my White Knight system (specs in my sig).

I use FCPX with no issues at all (its the primary use of that system)

Recommend the following configuration :-
  • SMBIOS iMac15,1
  • IGPU enabled in BIOS,
  • dGPU set as Primary Display Adapter
  • Configure IGPU as Headless :-
  • Set "AAPL,ig-platform-id" to use PlatformID 0x0x0412000B by using 0B001204 as Device Property
  • Set "device-id" to use 12040000 as Device Property
Both the above Device Properties should be assigned against the Device PCI key PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
All the information you need is detailed in the Lilu + Plug-in's guide.

I've added the Device Properties to your example copy.plist (attached) :-

View attachment 383199

Code for Devices section of your config.plist

Code:
<key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                CwASBA==
                </data>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                EgQAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>

All you need to do is install the latest version of Lilu + WhatEverGreen in /L/E using the Install Method detailed in the
Lilu + Plug-in's guide and add the above changes to your config.plist, be sure to uncheck Inject Intel, as stated in the guide you need to remove all IGPU related flags from the Devices & Graphics sections of your config.plist.

If you want to understand more read the Headless PlatformID's section of the guide, although I recommend reading the Introduction if you have not used Lilu before, and the whole of the WhatEverGreen Chapter.

Cheers
Jay

you saved me!
I also have 4790k and have put this config.plist code, set the igpu to enable and voila, everything works!! THANKS
I have left the ig-platform-id under graphics section empty, is that ok?

+could you suggest if I do the same for my wife's computer or there should be other code for her computer (8500k / rx580)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back