Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] SecureBootModel changes in OpenCore 0.7.2

With TPM, I think you have to buy a TPM chip and plug it into your mobo. Then you enable it.

With PTT, this is part of the Intel chipset, so no separate purchase is necessary. In other words, if you have a TPM chip, you can use this, but if you don't, the later generations of the Intel Processors can use PTT...
Yes, you're right, well explained.
My mobo has the connector for an extra TPM2 chip. It's empty.
When I enable TPM and PTT in BIOS, TMP2 menu refers to PTT as TPM2 interface type:
TPM2.jpg

Hello
With OC 0.7.4 and MacPro7,1 SMBios,
- I can't boot Monterey with SecureBootModel Default or j160
- I can boot Monterey with SecureBootModel Disabled, but SystemPreferences ➧ Update can't find the last Monterey Beta

What am i doing wrong ?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
@oli.mathieu
AMD systems can be different although I don't know why it's happening to you.
Please show us your config.plist.

Here it is
Many thanks
Question: are you ok without WhateverGreen? Maybe your 6800xt doesn't need it?

Talking about your problem, if indeed OpenCore files are from 0.6.4, this behaviour is unexpected.
Try SecureBootModel Disabled. Leave it so.
Change SMBIOS to a model without T2 chip (iMac17,1, iMac19,1) for software update to be displayed and downloaded.
Revert SMBIOS after having all finished.
Does it works?

Question: are you ok without WhateverGreen? Maybe your 6800xt doesn't need it?
Yes it works fine with only one 4K monitor via Displayport
Talking about your problem, if indeed OpenCore files are from 0.6.4, this behaviour is unexpected.
Try SecureBootModel Disabled. Leave it so.
OK
Change SMBIOS to a model without T2 chip (iMac17,1, iMac19,1) for software update to be displayed and downloaded.
Revert SMBIOS after having all finished.
Does it works?
I'll do it and will report
EDIT
It works with iMac19,1 :thumbup:
Many Thanks

Last edited:
Hi... similar issue. Unable to get beta releases to show (currently on 12.0.1, trying to obtain 12.1 to install a W6600 card). I've tried setting SecureBootModel from disabled to j137, j185, and x86 -- with no change. Also tried setting SMBIOS to iMac17,1 as suggested above (normally for me iMacPro1,1). Config attached. Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 71
Hi... similar issue. Unable to get beta releases to show (currently on 12.0.1, trying to obtain 12.1 to install a W6600 card). I've tried setting SecureBootModel from disabled to j137, j185, and x86 -- with no change. Also tried setting SMBIOS to iMac17,1 as suggested above (normally for me iMacPro1,1). Config attached. Many thanks in advance.
Use OC 0.7.4 (or wait for 0.7.5 to come out later today), and set Secure boot model to "Default". Behavior changed in 0.7.4 to make default be based off your SMBIOS. It has to match the Mac model now.

Use OC 0.7.4 (or wait for 0.7.5 to come out later today), and set Secure boot model to "Default". Behavior changed in 0.7.4 to make default be based off your SMBIOS. It has to match the Mac model now.
Thanks for the reply. Running OC 0.7.5, set to Default, still won't push the update. Also tried different SMBIOS including iMac19,1.

Notably, when I first installed Monterey and joined the Public Beta, it did show briefly as being an option, then disappeared next time I looked for it (I didn't want to download at the time as was troubleshooting something else). I have since unenrolled from public beta and re-enrolled, to no change (including with re-starts).

Thanks for the reply. Running OC 0.7.5, set to Default, still won't push the update. Also tried different SMBIOS including iMac19,1.

Notably, when I first installed Monterey and joined the Public Beta, it did show briefly as being an option, then disappeared next time I looked for it (I didn't want to download at the time as was troubleshooting something else). I have since unenrolled from public beta and re-enrolled, to no change (including with re-starts).
SIP enabled? There are a couple SIP bits which cause issues when set, primarily Apple Internal. I generally just leave SIP fully enabled.

Back