Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] SecureBootModel changes in OpenCore 0.7.2

The problem here is with say on my Nuc 10 with Securebootmodel disabled can't get intel wife to work on high Sierra.
if I use securebootmodel default can't boot this with smbios Macmini7,1 cpu emulated securebootmodel can be a nightmare ...

The problem here is with say on my Nuc 10 with Securebootmodel disabled can't get intel wife to work on high Sierra.
if I use securebootmodel default can't boot this with smbios Macmini7,1 cpu emulated securebootmodel can be a nightmare ...
@zappy39
High Sierra 10.13.2 and newer must boot with j137, have you tried?
But it's strange that disabled doesn't work, theoretically all versions of macOS can boot with SecureBootModel=disabled.

@zappy39
High Sierra 10.13.2 and newer must boot with j137, have you tried?
But it's strange that disabled doesn't work, theoretically all versions of macOS can boot with SecureBootModel=disabled.
yes I can boot with securebootmodel disabled but Airportitlwm.kext doesn't load so I have no wifi.if I boot using j137
or Default.this is on Opencore 7.0 it just returns back to picker menu.

You should be using ‘default’ for SecureBootMode when running OC 0.7.0.

The SecureBootMode changes only take effect from OC 0.7.2.

You should be using ‘default’ for SecureBootMode when running OC 0.7.0.

The SecureBootMode changes only take effect from OC 0.7.2.
it will only work on Disabled but no wifi.will not work on Default or j137 just keeps booting back to picker mode

1. Which WiFi card are you using?
  2. What kexts/apps are you using to get the WiFi working in macOS?
  3. Where/how are the kexts being injected, via OC boot loader or from your /Library/Extensions folder?

1. Which WiFi card are you using?
  2. What kexts/apps are you using to get the WiFi working in macOS?
  3. Where/how are the kexts being injected, via OC boot loader or from your /Library/Extensions folder?
Hi Edhawk its a NUC 10 With a Wi-Fi 6 AX201 using AirportItlwm.kext via OC Loader

yes I can boot with securebootmodel disabled but Airportitlwm.kext doesn't load so I have no wifi.if I boot using j137
or Default.this is on Opencore 7.0 it just returns back to picker menu.
Scroll down a bit to the troubleshooting dropdown
You likely need to recopy those files. Can be done in recovery (just follow the recovery commands instead of the other commands)

Do you have ApECID set? That might be causing issues as well, though that's fixable as well.

Have you tried using Itlwm.kext and the Helport application, to see if they work any better than the current kext you are using.

Scroll down a bit to the troubleshooting dropdown
You likely need to recopy those files. Can be done in recovery (just follow the recovery commands instead of the other commands)

Do you have ApECID set? That might be causing issues as well, though that's fixable as well.
Ok 1Revenger1 thanks for the link I will look into it further think it is something to do with UUID

Back